PM calls for boosting int’l cooperation to fight coronavirus
Published: 01:24 PM, 10 April 2020 Updated: 04:37 PM, 10 April 2020
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has called for boosting international cooperation to fight the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as she wrote a letter to Chinese President Xi Jinping, thanking Beijing for supplying medical equipment to Bangladesh to contain the lethal virus.
Citing PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim, news agency BSS reported this on Friday.
Ihsanul Karim said the prime minister, in the letter, called for enhancing international cooperation to combat the fatal disease and urged President Xi to play a major role in mobilizing the global leaderships to address this unprecedented challenge.
Sheikh Hasina thanked the Chinese government for providing medical supplies to Bangladesh and helping better prepare to cope with the epidemic.
She also extended her gratitude to President Xi and the people and the government of China for providing large amounts of testing kits, masks, PPE and infrared thermometers to Bangladesh.
The prime minister also appreciated Jack Ma Foundation and Alibaba Foundation for contributing hundreds of thousands of masks and testing reagents.
Sheikh Hasina expressed her firm conviction that the people and the government of China will stand by the people of Bangladesh during this global crisis.
“The Chinese support will go a long way in the detection of cases and as well as protection of our medical professionals,” she said.
Praising China’s prompt reactions in the face of the COVID-19 outbreak and its success in containing the virus, the premier said that China has set an example to the whole world, and Bangladesh is also taking cue from the Chinese experience.
- Moscow eases lockdown despite infections continue to rise
- 4 more tested coronavirus positive in Jamalpur
- Coronavirus global death toll tops 376,000
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- 17 more test positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- Former health minister Nasim tests positive for COVID-19
- 16 more infected with COVID-19 in Rangpur
- India expels two Pak diplomats ‘for espionage’
- Nasim hospitalized, sample collected for COVID-19 test
- Barishal reports 40 new COVID-19 cases
- Father, son among 6 killed in lightning strikes
- Litchi market inaugurated in Dinajpur
- Offices of edu insts can remain open
- Rupganj reports 60 new coronavirus cases
- ‘Pather Panchali’ comes in colour print
- Writ issued seeking license revocation of United Hospital
- Ex-DIG Bazlur Rashid denied bail
- Delhi border sealed for a week
- BMP`s Addl. Commissioner infected with COVID-19
- Coronavirus infected cases surge 1000 in Cumilla
- ‘No more than 25% officers can hold office’
- Everyone passed from tea-seller Khaleq’s school
- Budget session can be covered from Songsad TV
- Social distance not obeyed at Chandpur launch ghat
- Ovishar Cinema Hall at Tikatuli being demolished
- Sabbir denies allegation of harassing RCC cleaner
- Father and son killed in lightning
- Horn on duckling’s head stir in Pirgachha
- 112 overcome COVID-19 in Chakaria last month
- Tamim becomes WFP`s goodwill ambassador
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Offices resume from May 31
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Mahathir expelled from party
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- One dies, nine more test positive for coronavirus in Bhola
- BRTA recommends to hike 80pc bus fare
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya