PM asks civil servants to keep country free from social menaces
Published: 03:55 PM, 6 December 2018 Updated: 03:55 PM, 6 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today asked newly recruited civil service officials of administrative cadre to discharge their duties with utmost honesty and sincerity with a particular mission to keep society free from menaces like militancy, terrorism, drug, and corruption.
“Wherever you work, you must keep in your mind that society must be kept free from militancy, terrorism, drug, and corruption,” she told the closing ceremony of 107th, 108th, and 109th Law and Administrative Courses of Bangladesh Civil Service Administration Academy here.
She reminded the young officers about the danger of militancy and drug abuse saying these two menaces could destroy a family which eventually affect society.
“Our government has efficiently faced those hazards, but actions should continue in future as well,” the premier said.
Sheikh Hasina said despite financial constraints her government unprecedentedly increased all government employees’ salaries and all benefits while in return they were expected to discharge their duties with dedication and honesty.
“My government has tried to create opportunities in many ways for government employees to have your own residence, transport and other facilities aimed at creating a positive mindset in them to serve the nation,” she said.
The premier said her government defied media criticism against rapid enhancement of government employees’ benefits and privileges as “I was guided by my own conscience and knowledge, not on newspaper reports”.
“The country is ours. We know it better what is good for the country. So we take a decision on the basis of our understanding and out of our responsibility, not being guided by the opinions of others,” she said.
State Minister for Public Administration Ismat Ara Sadeq and public administration secretary Fayez Ahmed were present as special guests on the occasion held at BCS Academy at Shahbag in the city.
Rector of the BCS Administrative Academy Mosharraf Hossain gave welcome address while Rector’s Award recipients SM Azharul Islam Sonet of 107th course, Sharif Asif Rahman of 108th course and Md. Mosharraf Hossain of 109th batch spoke on the occasion on behalf of the trainees of their respective
The prime minister distributed certificates among the course trainees joined photo sessions with them and unveiled the cover of the magazines published by different batches.
The prime minister also enjoyed a cultural program performed by the trainees.
Later she inaugurated the newly constructed administrative building of the BCS (Administration) Academy.
- Kim in Russia for Putin summit
- Tarique’s friend Mamun gets 7-year jail
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- PM to visit Sheikh Selim’s residence
- Adulterated sweets, no one to see!
- Zayan’s body arrives in Dhaka
- Two Netrokona ‘Rajakars’ to die
- Earthquake rattles northeast India, Tibet
- Bitter squash in office’s flowerpots
- Rain likely in next 72 hours
- 18 detains in hunt over Sri Lanka bombings
- 2 dies after being pushed out from train
- Toll in Sri Lanka bombings rises to 359
- Verdict on 2 Netrokona ‘Rajakars’ today
- Six years of Rana Plaza Tragedy
- Emirates to face Kyrgyzstan today
- 54 feared dead in landslide at Myanmar jade mine
- Second session of 11th JS today
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Zayan’s body to arrive Dhaka today
- India warned Sri Lanka 2 hours before Suicide Attacks
- Hijra, a creature of Allah: Noor
- Online reg required for St. Martin visit
- Biman to resume Dhaka-Delhi flight from May 13
- Kim, Putin to hold first talks in Russia
- PM returns home from Brunei
- Shakib returns for SRH, CSK to bowl
- BNP on extinction boycotting JS says Tofail
- ACC interrogates Jhenaidah MP Mannan
- Special attention on Rohingyas; says CEC
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- PM returns home tomorrow
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- Nusrat murder: Moni put on 5-day remand
- Adele separates from husband
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death