Rajshahi lead by 27 runs against Barisal Division
Published: 06:30 PM, 5 November 2018 Updated: 06:30 PM, 5 November 2018
Title aspirant Rajshahi Division is leading by 27 runs with four wickets in hand against Barisal Division on the first day of the four-day first class Tier-1 match of the National Cricket League at the ShaheedKamruzzaman Stadium in Rajshahi on Monday.
Sent into bat first in the 6th and last round match, Barisal Division were bundled out for 97 runs in 38.2 overs in the first innings despite 31 runs in the 4th wicket stand by Al Amin and MosaddekHossain.
Two down Al Amin scored the team highest 25 runs off 58 balls hitting five boundaries, number five Mosaddek Hossain contributed 49-ball 22 runs with two fours while tail-ender Tanvir Islam made 20-ball 17 runs featuring one four and two sixes.
21-year old right arm medium pacer from Rajshahi Mohor Sheik made the major damage in Barisal innings grabbing five wickets 24 runs, Shafiul Islam claimed three wickets for 20 while Farhad Reza took two for 42 runs.
In reply, Rajshahi Division opened the first innings in the afternoon and scored 124 for 6 in 44 overs to take a 27 runs lead against Barisal Division.
National colored opener Junaid Siddique remained not out on 72 runs with lower order Farhad Reza (not out 4). Captain Jahurul Islam (25) and opener Sabbir Hossain (11) were the other Rajshahi batsman reaching the double-digit.
Monir Hossain and national colored pacer cum Barisal captain Kamrul Islam Rabbi took two wickets each conceding 8 and 46 runs respectively.
In the day's other Tier-1 match at ShahedChandu Stadium in Bogura, defending champions Khulna Division scored 217 for 8 in 74 overs in the first innings on the first day of the four-day first class match against Rangpur Division on Monday.
Lower order Moinul Islam was on the crease with 48 runs off 103 balls hitting six fours, national coloured all-rounder Ziaur Rahman scored 95-ball 40 runs with two fours and two sixes, Nurul Hasan made 57-ball 26 runs with six boundaries, national opener Soumya Sarkar scored run as ball 28 with four fours while Afif Hossan contributed 27-ball 22 runs with four boundaries while Tushar Imran made 87-ball 19 with two fours.
RabiulHaque picked up three wickets for 54 runs while Tanvir Haider and Sajedul Islam took two wickets each.
- PM opens combined military hardware display 2019
- Japanese SEZ on 1,000 acres of land in Narayanganj
- Price fall in large-cap drives stocks down
- No exams upto class-III from this year
- Teachers-employees call off movement
- Shakib starts IPL campaign with defeat
- Jupiter`s unknown journey revealed
- 82,500 students get primary scholarships
- Shahnaz Rahmatullah laid to rest
- Shakib rings historic bell at Eden Gardens
- UN asked to declare March 25 carnage as genocide
- Voting ends, counting underway
- Only Bamboo Bridge for 16 villages
- Hasnain debuts as Pakistan bat in 2nd ODI against Australia
- Dog `fakes own death` in dramatic reaction
- BNP neither in court, nor in field: Tofail Ahmed
- Postman died for 21 min, then came back to life
- Mass Killing Day tomorrow
- PM mourns death of singer Shahnaz Rahmatullah
- NZ to hold national remembrance next Friday
- Court set Apr 29 for reports submission over DU violence cases
- Hasan Mahmud consoles death of Shahnaj Rahmatullah
- Two killed in trucks collision in Dinajpur
- Ass presiding officer detained in Daulatpur
- UN Undersecretary General meets PM
- Voting underway in Thailand`s election
- World Tuberculosis Day today
- Bus driver detained over SAU student murder
- Students block Dhaka-Mymensingh-Tangail highway at Gazipur
- Bollywood’s 64th Filmfare Awards 2019
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Coal power stations disrupt rainfall: Global study
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
- Mozambique cyclone: death toll over 400
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- 50 killed as flash floods strike Indonesia’s Papua
- All 50 victims of Christchurch attack identified: police
- Hard-hitter Sabbir gets hitched
- Mustafiz gets hitched
- 2 Bangladeshi Christchurch victims’ burial completed
- 3 killed as train hits motobike in Gopalganj
- Drive launches to arrest Rangamati separatists
- 2nd phase of polls in 116 UZs underway
- Nation celebrates Bangabandhu’s 100th birthday