PM admired pilots, crew of Biman over hijack threat
Published: 09:37 PM, 28 February 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina appreciated the “courage, intelligence and prudence” of a Biman aircraft pilots and crew which was exposed to a hijack threat on Feb 24.
“You’ve showed huge courage, intelligence and prudence,” Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina told the pilots and crew of the Biman aircraft at her Ganabhaban residence on Thursday evening.
The premier called them “heroes” saying that they successfully thwarted the hijack bid of the BG-147 aircraft as the pilots and crew of the flight called on her at her Ganabhaban residence this evening.
“You’ve successfully tackled the situation with infinite courage causing no casualties and damage to the aircraft,” premier’s deputy press secretary Ashraful Alam Khokan quoted her as saying at a news briefing.
The Dubai-bound Boeing 737-800 aircraft made an emergency landing at the Chattogram airport at 5:41pm on Sunday after a youth named Polash Ahmed allegedly attempted to hijack the plane.
He was killed later in an eight-minute operation by military para- commandos.
Sheikh Hasina said she monitored the situation every minute during that episode and her biggest concern was the security of the passengers, pilots and crew.
“I issued directives for safe evacuation of all passengers, pilots and crews,” she said.
- New virus cases soar in S.Korea
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- 2 held over schoolgirl rape in B`baria
- Amar Ekushey observed in CU
- Kohli to play Mujib Year`s T20Is
- Seven-day book fair begins in Dinajpur
- GP agrees to pay Tk 1000cr to BTRC
- Rodela Jannat knot tie with Sujon
- A win can change whole situation: Mominul
- UN publishes report in Bengali on Language Day
- 4 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- BNP fails to deliver politics for mass people: Hasan
- Poonam four-fer shocks Australia in tournament opener
- Metro Rail: Advantages and Benefits
- Barbed fence can`t stop language: Swapan
- Padma Bridge now 3750 meters visible
- India set 133 target for Australia
- Tigers’ humble tribute for Language Martyrs
- 5200 candle lit commemorating Language Heroes
- Human trafficker killed in Teknaf gunfire
- India elected to bat
- Opening match: Australia vs India
- Gunfight at RAB checkpoint, 1 found dead
- Sound pollution, duo arrests in Ctg
- Crowd erupted at Cumilla Shaheed Minar
- Amar Ekushey Prabhat Feri observed in Sylhet
- 2 BCL leaders crashed to fetch flowers
- Tribute procession to Ctg Central Shaheed Minar
- Prabhat Feri observed in Shariatpur
- More 115 killed in lethal COVID-19 in a day
- All News »
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Soumya with future wife
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- Sundarbans Day today
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Falguni kills 5 workers in Gopalganj