PIB organizes dialogues on women and children
Published: 09:13 PM, 14 December 2019
Press Institute of Bangladesh (PIB) organized a dialogue on children and women issues at the Mymensingh Press Club auditorium on Saturday.
Thirty-five editors from four districts of Mymensingh division participated in the dialogue.
Director-General of Press Institute Bangladesh Zafar Wazed presided over the dialogue while Additional Secretary of the Ministry of Information Md. Nurul Karim was present as the chief guest.
In his speech, Zafar Wazed said the special initiatives of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has led to the development of women and children, women empowerment, reduction of child mortality rate and development of maternal health.
He said, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina received UN MDG Award for her contribution to reducing the child mortality rate.
He requested the editors to publish reports and features in their respective newspapers on women and children's issues.
Nurul Karim said media has been playing an important role in the development of women and children.
He called upon the editors to come forward in publishing reports on such issues, stating that the development of women and children is essential to build a better future.
Assistant Project Director and Trainer of PIB Mohammad Abdul Manna conducted the seminar.
- Call 999 while police harass: IGP
- Tigers to back a day earlier
- Zaheer Khan to be awarded Padma Shri
- Evaly becomes billionaire cheating with customers
- Student killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Action will be taken over clash in election campaign
- Tigers upbeat to avoid humiliating whitewash
- Satkhira pride schoolgirl committed suicide
- Meeting over China-Bangladesh travel ban Tuesday
- China stuck in Medical equipment crisis!
- Bangladesh to host Zimbabwe in Feb for full series
- No barrier to voting in EVMs: HC
- Problems need to be solved by planning: Tajul
- Iran executes ‘crocodile’
- Immune discovery may treat all cancer
- Farmer’s smile in vegetables farming
- 7 out of 8 employees absent in Upazila health office
- Coronavirus spread in 12 countries
- Assam trembled in multiple blast
- Sheikh Russel Water Treatment Plant inaugurated
- Woman set to marry plane, claims they’re dating for 6 yrs
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- Atiqul unveils election manifesto
- Cold wave may abate in next 24 hours
- Mask-hand sanitizer sever crisis in China
- Chinese physicians in treatment-war amid coronavirus scary
- PM opens several uplift schemes
- 31 killed in Madagascar torrential rains
- 2 Bangladeshis receive Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri awards in India
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- E-passport to be launched today
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack
- Seven killed in Indonesia bridge collapse