Owners to detain if chemical godowns not remove by Sunday
Published: 05:05 PM, 28 February 2019
The gas, electricity and water connection of 7 houses have been disconnected in connection with the possession of a chemical warehouse in the residential building at Islambagh in old Dhaka.
It is directed to remove the chemical godowns in their own initiative from these houses.
The city corporation will run again drive in these houses on Sunday. If they find the chemical godowns on that day, the owners will be arrested.
Task Force conducted a drive at the 11/4 house of Islambagh on Thursday noon. DPDC, WASA, Titas was assisted in the drive. Besides, law enforcement agencies and government agencies also assisted in the drive.
Task Force said, “The chemical warehouse was found in the second-storey building of the house. The building owner has been ordered to remove the warehouse within Sunday. Until the warehouse is removed, the electricity, gas, water connection in the house will be disconnected.”
After removing the chemical warehouse, the owners have to take clearance from the Task Force. If not, the electricity, gas, water connection will not be given, said the drive manager of Task Force.
In the drive, the gas and electricity connection of 12/11 no Farid’s house, 70/3, 74/2, 75/2 of Abul Hasnat Tutul’s house, 10/1/A no Bulbul Hazi’s house, 15/1 Deel Mohammad’s house, 42/4/A Mojibur Rahman’s house in Islambagh have been disconnected. The chemical warehouses are found on the ground floor of these buildings.
During the campaign, none of the owner or factory and godown owners were found. However, their representatives claimed that they are plastic gourd factory.
Chief of the DNCC Brigadier General Sharif Ahmed Khan, who led the operation, said, “A meeting of the Ministry of Industries was held on Wednesday. From that meeting, two areas have been set to remove the chemical godown from the residential building.”
“Since February 25, miking has been done to transfer chemical godowns from residential buildings in their own initiative. According to the announcement, the drive was started in the morning. Utilities services (gas, electricity, water) have been disconnected from the houses if found,” he also said.
He further said, “We could not find any owner of the houses. But we have given the message to the owners that these godowns must be vacated by Sunday in their own initiative.”
“We’ll be back on Sunday. If there are chemical godowns found then legal action will be taken,” General Sharif Ahmed added.
Bangladesh Plastic and Packaging Roll Association President Abu Motaleb told reporters that there are no godowns of chemicals here. An expert team was with them. “They suspended the drive on our request. We will sit with the FBCCI and DSCC on Sunday,” he added.
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM flies to London tomorrow
- DC conference: Vast responsibility, directives
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- HC’s directive to dispose woman, child repression case in 180 day
- Navy got ‘National Fisheries Award’19 Gold medal
- Boat hats in Manikganj
- 8000 cattle ready for Qurbani market
- Shakib in Cricinfo’s XI; not Kohli
- Beauty of Tanguar Haor in Monsoon
- Illegal expats to return home paying TK 14 thou
- Two sisters drowned in Tangail
- UN chief concerns over Rohingya crisis
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- WASA’s 11 corrupt source found
- HC refuses to interfere on Minni`s remand order
- Indictment hearing in Barapukuria graft case deferred
- Man to die for killing wife in Rajshahi
- DU students block Shahabagh again
- 24 dead in arson attack at Japan studio
- GM Quader appointed JaPa chairman
- Rocky passed HSC by writing with wrist
- We want to grab 1st place in producing fish: PM
- Flood in Assam, death toll rises to 27
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight