Owners to detain if chemical godowns not remove by Sunday
Published: 05:05 PM, 28 February 2019
The gas, electricity and water connection of 7 houses have been disconnected in connection with the possession of a chemical warehouse in the residential building at Islambagh in old Dhaka.
It is directed to remove the chemical godowns in their own initiative from these houses.
The city corporation will run again drive in these houses on Sunday. If they find the chemical godowns on that day, the owners will be arrested.
Task Force conducted a drive at the 11/4 house of Islambagh on Thursday noon. DPDC, WASA, Titas was assisted in the drive. Besides, law enforcement agencies and government agencies also assisted in the drive.
Task Force said, “The chemical warehouse was found in the second-storey building of the house. The building owner has been ordered to remove the warehouse within Sunday. Until the warehouse is removed, the electricity, gas, water connection in the house will be disconnected.”
After removing the chemical warehouse, the owners have to take clearance from the Task Force. If not, the electricity, gas, water connection will not be given, said the drive manager of Task Force.
In the drive, the gas and electricity connection of 12/11 no Farid’s house, 70/3, 74/2, 75/2 of Abul Hasnat Tutul’s house, 10/1/A no Bulbul Hazi’s house, 15/1 Deel Mohammad’s house, 42/4/A Mojibur Rahman’s house in Islambagh have been disconnected. The chemical warehouses are found on the ground floor of these buildings.
During the campaign, none of the owner or factory and godown owners were found. However, their representatives claimed that they are plastic gourd factory.
Chief of the DNCC Brigadier General Sharif Ahmed Khan, who led the operation, said, “A meeting of the Ministry of Industries was held on Wednesday. From that meeting, two areas have been set to remove the chemical godown from the residential building.”
“Since February 25, miking has been done to transfer chemical godowns from residential buildings in their own initiative. According to the announcement, the drive was started in the morning. Utilities services (gas, electricity, water) have been disconnected from the houses if found,” he also said.
He further said, “We could not find any owner of the houses. But we have given the message to the owners that these godowns must be vacated by Sunday in their own initiative.”
“We’ll be back on Sunday. If there are chemical godowns found then legal action will be taken,” General Sharif Ahmed added.
Bangladesh Plastic and Packaging Roll Association President Abu Motaleb told reporters that there are no godowns of chemicals here. An expert team was with them. “They suspended the drive on our request. We will sit with the FBCCI and DSCC on Sunday,” he added.
- 71 more coronavirus deaths reported n China
- Holy Shab-e-Meraj on March 22
- Rain with squally wind likely
- Metals more ‘harmful’ than nicotine found in Benson, Gold Leaf
- Delhi battleground again, 5 killed
- Zimbabwe at innings loss risk
- Drug lord held with heroin
- Trawler capsized in Inani beach, missing 2
- Three Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Today’s sports on TV
- Pilkhana carnage day today
- Coronavirus hits more Middle East countries
- Trump announces defence deal with India
- Papiya placed on 15-day remand
- Police becomes barrier to treatment of Rickshaw puller’s mother
- Holy Shab-e-Meraj on Mar 22
- Trump visits Taj Mahal
- Young girl crushed under train in Lalmonirhat
- Yunusur Rahman made DSE chairman
- Mahathir becomes interim PM
- Trump forgets Gandhi at Gandhi’s Ashram
- PM urges Japan to investment in power sector
- No one will escape committing crime: Quader
- 12 Jailed for carrying marijuana in Jamalpur
- India seal comfortable victory over Bangladesh
- Rapist detained after 18 yrs of rape
- RU also denies joining uniform admission test
- President urges BGB to stay alert at borders
- Hearing with using video conference at Information Commission
- Motorcyclist killed in Jhalakati road crash
- All News »
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- 3 killed after crane crashes on sets of Kamal Haasan
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- Coronavirus reaches Iran: report
- 15 new coronavirus cases in S Korea, bringing total to 46
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!