Outgoing Italian, Brunei envoys call on President
Published: 09:28 PM, 2 January 2019 Updated: 09:28 PM, 2 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The outgoing envoys of Italy and Brunei Darussalam today called on President M Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban here this afternoon.
The President, at the meetings with Ambassador Mario Palma of Italy and High Commissioner Hajah Masurai Binti Hajj Masri of Brunei, termed Bangladesh’s existing relations with the two countries as excellent.
He also recalled the contribution of the two countries over the Rohingya issue, President’s press secretary Joynal Abedin told the correspondent.
Abdul Hamid noted that the trade and investment relations had enhanced between Bangladesh and the two countries.
During the meeting with the Italian envoy, the President praised the liberal attitude of the government of Italy and its people towards the Bangladeshi nationals working there.
He sought the continued Italian support to end the Rohingya crisis in Bangladesh.
The President recalled the tolerable attitude of the Italian government after the grisly Gulshan attack that killed their people.
The envoy also lauded the Bangladesh government’s role after the Gulshan Holey artisan cafe attack.
During the meeting with the Brunei envoy, the President said Bangladesh produced global-standard products, especially medicine, readymade garments and jute-made goods.
He urged the envoy to play a positive role in importing those goods from Bangladesh.
The President’s secretaries and officials of the foreign ministry and missions of the two countries in Dhaka were present.
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh made fastest growth in Asia-Pacific region
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- Jubo League leader stabbed dead in Madaripur
- Dr Nurun Nahar made IU law dept chairperson
- Navy Chief returns home
- Selima,Tuku in BNP’s standing committee
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- England wins beating Windies
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry