Orders to confiscate bank accounts of 20 along PK Halder upheld
Published: 02:50 PM, 26 February 2020
High Court; File Photo
The Appellate Division of Supreme Court on Wednesday has upheld the order of confiscating bank accounts and passports of 20 people including Proshanto Kumar Halder, former managing director (MD) of NRB Global Bank and Reliance Finance Limited, in connection with money laundering of International Leasing and Finance Service Ltd (ILFSL).
The Appellate Division Bench headed by Chief Justice Syed Mahmud Hossain dismissed the petition of ILFSL.
Attorney General Mahbubey Alam was present for the state in the court while Barrister Tanjib ul Alam was present for the Bangladesh Bank. On the other hand, Lawyer Ahsanul Karim heard the case for ILFSL.
The High Court on January 21 ordered to confiscate all assets, bank accounts and passports of 20 persons, including Proshanto Kumar Halder (PK Haldar).
At the same time, the High Court appointed Khondkar Ibrahim Khaled, a former deputy governor of Bangladesh Bank, as an independent director and chairman to manage International Leasing and Finance Service Ltd (ILFSL), a listed company in the financial sector.
When the ILFSL filed an appeal against the order of the High Court, the Appellate Division on February 16 summoned Ibrahim Khaled and a senior official of Bangladesh Bank. Accordingly, they appeared before the Appellate Division on Tuesday and gave their views. Then, the court fixed Wednesday for the order.
Apart from PK Halder, the High Court ordered to confiscate bank accounts and passports of those — Managing Director of the company M Nurul Alam, Director Zahirul Alam, MA Hashem, Nasim Anwar, Basudev Banerjee, Papiya Banerjee, Momtaz Begum, Nowsherul Islam, Anwarul Kabir, Engineer Nuruzzaman, Abul Hashem, Md. Rashedul Haque, PK Haldar’s mother Lilaboti Halder, wife Sushmita Saha, brother Pritush Kumar Halder, cousin Amitabh Adhikari, Avijit Adhikari, former director of Bank Asia Irfan Uddin Ahmed, PK Halder’s friend Ujjal Kumar Nandi.
It is alleged that Proshanto Kumar Halder (PK Halder) has looted at least Tk 3500 crore from various financial institutions.
- 60,000 Gazipur families get 15-day food
- 190 at home quarantine, 12 released
- Free medical campaign by doctor couple in Shariatpur
- Tabligh Jamaat Amir Maulana Saad infected with coronavirus!
- 7 doctors to provide 24-hour online medical service
- Food aid for poor in Rupganj
- Rice selling at Tk 10 starts Sunday
- 24 hrs curfew issued in Mecca-Medina
- News of ‘exempting home rent’ is rumor
- AFC postpones 2027 Asian Cup host selection
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- City turns to ‘ghost’ town!
- UNO donates one-month salary and allowance to poor
- Real Madrid legend Benito passes away
- Child Shara donates tiffin money to poor
- Ban on mask and sanitizer export lifted
- COVID-19 death toll in Spain surges 10,000
- Coronavirus death toll in US crosses 5,113
- PM asks govt officials, employees to use mask
- Bengali drama on Coronavirus issue
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus
- Harassment in IEDCR hotline
- Govt for increase crop production to cope with coronavirus
- LGRD Minister helps 25,000 families in Cumilla
- Dhaka South Jubo League distributes food to 400 families
- 2 drug dealers arrested with 17-kg weeds
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Golfer Siddikur’s father passes away
- UNO walks to 212 beggars’ huts with food
- Madhupur youth tested negative for Coronavirus
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- England plans to return field by early May
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51