Operations will be conducted in Chattogram too: Minister
Published: 10:38 PM, 20 September 2019
Information Minister and Awami League's Publicity and Publication Secretary, Dr Hasan Mahmud, said, operations are being conducted against drugs and irregularities in the country. Like Dhaka, the expedition will be started in Chattogram too, regardless on political views.
The minister said this while inaugurating the Inter-School National Television Debate Competition at the Theater Institute Chattogram (TIC) auditorium on Friday afternoon.
Dr Hasan Mahmud said, “The anti-drug operation is now underway in Dhaka. Steps are being made where wrongdoing is noticed. No matter which party, or views (political identity). It will continue. We want to transform Bangladesh into a beautiful country, led by the daughter of Bangabandhu.”
Bangladesh Television Chittagong Center organizes a debate competition with the winning team of 48 schools’ teams in the country. The minister said that through this competition, the BTV Chattogram center took on a great deal of work. The competition should not be restricted to Chattogram. It is a national television station. Although there are many televisions in the country, everyone could not dear to hold a completion in the debate. The school debate competition will play a role in building a rational society.
BTV Director General SM Harun-or-Rashid chaired the ceremony while MP Wasika Aisha Khan, Additional Secretary of the Ministry of Information Azharul Haque and Md. Nurul Karim was present as special guest.
- BCB calls for emergency meeting of board of directors
- Best home remedies for gastritis
- Trudeau’s party win but set to lose majority
- Garment worker killed in Ashulia
- National Road Safety Day today
- Real Madrid, PSG, Juventus to play tonight
- Tigresses leave for Pakistan tomorrow
- CR-7 loves Sarri`s new-look Juventus
- Gov`t seeking Facebook data to identify Bhola culprits
- Class four schoolgirl ‘Hafeza’ in 2.11 yrs!
- Higher education opportunities in Saudi; how to apply?
- ‘Mrs’ Lawrence from Miss!
- Indo-Bangla Film Awards ceremony kicks off
- Different taste of `Cauliflower Roast`
- Apple launches ‘smart ring’!
- Primary books: Printing done by Nov 20
- 59 arrested in anti-drug drive
- National Road Safety Day tomorrow
- 2 Japanese aircraft carriers found, used in WW II
- Mysterious Witch`s Well
- WikiLeaks founder Assange appears confused at extradition hearing
- Bank transaction of Omar Faruq, his wife, children suspended
- Samrat took luggage-full cash to Singapore
- 4-day heritage handloom festival Wednesday
- No Bangladeshi players in ‘The Hundred’ tournament
- ‘Action if duty negligence found over Bhola incident’
- 232 held over disobeying Hilsha ban
- 4th grade govt job at Tk 10 lakh!
- Eight travel agency licenses revoked
- India govt announces parliament winter session from Nov 18
- All News »
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated
- BUET students’ call off protests
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- A year of eternal journey leaving ‘Silver Guitar’
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today
- Abrar’s brother leaves Dhaka College