Onions to be sold at Tk 45 in 35 places in capital
Published: 02:10 PM, 30 September 2019
Suddenly the onion market has become unstable across the country. The onion has increased at an unusual price and due to this, onions will be sold at Tk 45 per kg at 35 points in the capital. The state-owned Trading Corporation of Bangladesh (TCB) has taken this decision to halt the price hike of this commodity.
TCB spokesman Humayun Kabir confirmed the matter to Daily Bangladesh on Monday.
It was reported that onions were imported from Turkey and Egypt to meet the demand. Meanwhile, two onion ships have arrived at Chittagong port. The onions will be coming to the market within the next two days. Then the onion prices will fall.
Meanwhile, the Indian government has stopped exporting onions since Sunday as unable to control the domestic market prices. And with this, if the onions in the pipeline inside India does not enter the port, the importers of the port fear a great loss.
On the other hand, onion imports have been affected by the wholesale and open markets. Within a few hours, the price has increased from Tk 40 to 45 per kg. And with this, the consumers are in extreme danger.
Bangladesh is not worried about India's ban on onion export, said the Ministry of Commerce.
We took the necessary steps before the alert that India might give such announcement over onions, said Commerce Secretary Dr. Zafar Uddin. “We have taken initiatives to import large quantities of onions from alternative sources. In the meantime, two ships carrying onions have arrived in the Chittagong port.”
On September 13, India set the new US $850 on onion exports to prevent onion price increase in the domestic market.
Since then, onion importers have been importing onions at high prices. And before the close of Durga Puja, traders paid enough LC in India to import more onions. Traders fearing a huge loss as the Indian government suddenly stops exporting onion from Sunday noon.
- AL national council on sailing boat in Padma River!
- `Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash
- Weightlifter Mabia clinches 5th gold for Bangladesh
- Police officers among 8 killed in Kenya bus attack
- Australia’s bushfires out of control
- BSMRUST reduces admission fee finally
- 44 arrested in anti-narcotic drive
- 10min charge 12 hrs backup!
- Bangladesh reaches final beating Nepal
- Kenya building collapse: Several killed, more feared trapped
- 24 hours in onion field to prevent theft
- Two killed as truck hit autorickshaw
- Aziz Khan named 40th richest in Singapore
- Schoolboy killed in Rangpur road crash
- Peon killed after being hit by motorcycle
- Dry weather likely with partly cloudy sky
- Veteran actor Khalil’s 5th death anniv today
- Indian rape victim dies after being set ablaze
- Ways to prevent tooth decay
- 4 fruits to reduce age
- Petrobangla building fire under control
- Mickey Arthur appointed as Sri Lankan head coach
- Fire at Petrobangla building in Karwan Bazar
- Suu Kyi flies to Hague next week
- Three of a family found dead in Barishal
- Two launches collide in Meghna; 1 killed, missing 15
- Man City to face Man United today
- Merkel visits Auschwitz for first time
- No change in post of AL president in next council: Quader
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Trump calls Canada`s Trudeau `two-faced`
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- Salman Khan sunken in Afghan beauty
- Barca, Man United, Juventus to play tonight
- Ali Dacoit killed in Islampur gunfight
- Former England captain Bob Willis dies
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Biman ex-director and DGM detained
- Death of Dia-Rajib: Verdict tomorrow