One visitor for 20K people!
Published: 02:02 PM, 25 February 2019 Updated: 02:01 PM, 26 February 2019
More than 20 thousand people live in Kamalganj's Patanusa UP, under Moulvibazar district. UP sub-health center was built for their healthcare. However, a visitor is seen in the center one day a week. Besides, there is no tubewell, doctors here, and many essentialities are not available in the center.
In the village of Noagaon, an office staff was sitting in the UP sub-health center. The patients are going back empty handed. Condition of toilets and quarters of the health center is not good. JICA funding is not visible even after repairing the cost of two lakhs a year ago. Although with the help from the local people, JICA, LGSP and some expatriates’ funding a gate has been constructed in front of the health centers, but there is nothing to progress infect.
Local Nazrul Islam Chowdhury said, ‘Nephew Rajan Chowdhury constructed the gate with a cost of around Tk 60 thousand. The people of the village collaborated with bricks, rods, cement, but there is no progress in further development. Patients are actually going back empty handed to the service. No one can drink water if needed. In addition, the patients have to use dirty rooms, toilets. There is no fan is not in the rooms.
Office staff Rehana Akhter of the sub-health center said that if the visitor comes on Tuesday, the patient can get treatments only. There are many problems in the health complex. If the water is needed we have to bring it from the adjoining house.”
Mamunur Rahman, Deputy Assistant Engineer of Kamalganj Upazila of local government Engineering Department said, one year ago, renovation work of the roof of the complex was done in Tk2 lakh allocated through JICA.
Patanusa UP panel chairman Narayan Mallik said that efforts are being made to develop the institution. Work is being done from the local people and UP. Tin roof for the quarter have been made with wood. Soil filling is going on. There is water problem due to tubewell stolen; but trying to solve the problem.
Officer-in-Charge of Kamalganj Upazila Family Planning Rakibul Hassan said that there is no position of physician here. There is a visitor. Due to manpower shortage, the health center is running with a visitor on Tuesday. The matter has been notified to the authorities. Hope all the problems will be solved. Apart from this, allocation has been demanded to the authorities for pure water. The problem will be solved if get allocation.
- German arms export freeze on Saudi Arabia extended
- 6 arrested in Bagha border with Indian citizens
- Argentina court approves hijab!
- Finally suspension order of Zinia withdrawn
- 60 marks exam must to be BCL leaders
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- Tree plantation program held at IU
- Rabab Fatima appointed Bangladesh’s envoy to UN
- Dope test for bus drivers from Dec 1
- Ashura reminds Islam is integral part of the Abrahamic tradition
- CIP cards handover to 182 businessmen
- Bangladesh in Tri-Nation T20 final
- Bangladesh Bank upsurges ADR
- BSEC approves Standard Bank’s bond
- Fire in Liberia’s school kills over 27 children
- ‘Independent supreme court’ of Facebook
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Iran threatens to invade US with all
- Kashmiris night out on trees in raid panic
- Tea: wonderful natural beauty elements
- Vulgar message from Popy`s ID!
- Pakistan refuses Modi’s German flight over land
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- Tigers post 175/7 against Zimbabwe
- Solution to disputes with GP, Robi in 3 weeks: FnM
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Marriage in police station after rape: OC Obaidul dismissed
- Ira Khan casts brother Junaid to debut play Medea
- Mehazabien reacted on social media
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Mayaboti’ to release 22 theaters tomorrow
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Jennifer Lopez steals money and shows in ‘Hustlers’
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- ACC director Yusuf’s wife burnt in fire dies