One visitor for 20K people!
Published: 02:02 PM, 25 February 2019 Updated: 02:01 PM, 26 February 2019
More than 20 thousand people live in Kamalganj's Patanusa UP, under Moulvibazar district. UP sub-health center was built for their healthcare. However, a visitor is seen in the center one day a week. Besides, there is no tubewell, doctors here, and many essentialities are not available in the center.
In the village of Noagaon, an office staff was sitting in the UP sub-health center. The patients are going back empty handed. Condition of toilets and quarters of the health center is not good. JICA funding is not visible even after repairing the cost of two lakhs a year ago. Although with the help from the local people, JICA, LGSP and some expatriates’ funding a gate has been constructed in front of the health centers, but there is nothing to progress infect.
Local Nazrul Islam Chowdhury said, ‘Nephew Rajan Chowdhury constructed the gate with a cost of around Tk 60 thousand. The people of the village collaborated with bricks, rods, cement, but there is no progress in further development. Patients are actually going back empty handed to the service. No one can drink water if needed. In addition, the patients have to use dirty rooms, toilets. There is no fan is not in the rooms.
Office staff Rehana Akhter of the sub-health center said that if the visitor comes on Tuesday, the patient can get treatments only. There are many problems in the health complex. If the water is needed we have to bring it from the adjoining house.”
Mamunur Rahman, Deputy Assistant Engineer of Kamalganj Upazila of local government Engineering Department said, one year ago, renovation work of the roof of the complex was done in Tk2 lakh allocated through JICA.
Patanusa UP panel chairman Narayan Mallik said that efforts are being made to develop the institution. Work is being done from the local people and UP. Tin roof for the quarter have been made with wood. Soil filling is going on. There is water problem due to tubewell stolen; but trying to solve the problem.
Officer-in-Charge of Kamalganj Upazila Family Planning Rakibul Hassan said that there is no position of physician here. There is a visitor. Due to manpower shortage, the health center is running with a visitor on Tuesday. The matter has been notified to the authorities. Hope all the problems will be solved. Apart from this, allocation has been demanded to the authorities for pure water. The problem will be solved if get allocation.
- PM for integrated development plans
- South Africa level T20 series over Australia
- Women’s Euro 2021 to kick off at Old Trafford
- Du Preez the hero as South Africa beat England
- Experience the world with Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- 6 of same family receive burn injury in Sirajganj
- Sheikh Hasina pushes country forward, others retreat
- Malaysia to form new government!
- Fake BGB member detained in Dinajpur
- Carter Center delegation calls on Chief Information Commissioner
- Qatar expat Bangladeshi`s body found in friend`s refrigerator!
- 3 held with yaba in DU residential building
- 4 detained with phensidyl in Sirajganj
- President asks Army to get ready for supreme sacrifice
- Youth held in anti-narcotic drive in Sylhet
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- 1 detained with weed in Cumilla
- Turkey and Pakistan close borders with Iran
- Officials have to reach farmers’ doors: Abdur Razzak
- South Zone in command as Farhad hits ton
- 23 Feb golden day of Bengali nation
- 2 CoU students join SAUFEST-2020
- 5 held in anti-narcotic drive in Rangpur
- DMP detained 54 in anti-narcotic drive
- Handsome salary for less educated!
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Capital
- Youth detained with yaba in Manikganj
- 1 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- Two rookies in ODI squad
- GP pays Tk 1,000 crore to BTRC
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar