One to die, 5 get life in prison in murder cases in 4 dists
Published: 07:20 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 07:20 PM, 29 November 2018
Separate courts in Satkhira, Kushtia, Faridpur and Manikganj districts on Thursday sentenced a man to death and five people to life imprisonment in separate murder cases.
Besides, a man was sentenced to life in prison in Chuadanga in a gold smuggling case while another to 10 years' rigorous imprisonment in Manikganj in a drug case.
In Satkhira, a court sentenced Jalal Sana, 52, son of Abdul Sana of Ragunathpur village in Kaliganj upazila, to death for killing his wife Nasima Khatun.
According to the prosecution, Jalal Sana hacked his wife to death over family feud on March 13, 2018.
Later, Nasima's father filed a murder case against Jalal.
After examining all the records and witnesses, district and session judge Syed Sadequl Islam Talukder handed down the verdict.
In Kushtia, a court sentenced three members of a family to life imprisonment for killing a young man in Bheramara upazila on August 24, 2013.
The convicts are Abdul Mannan, 52, son of late Nagar Mistri, his wife Marina Khatun, 40, and his mother Marjina Khatun, 70, of Satbaria Hisnapara village.
According to the prosecution, the convicts attacked Shahin and his brother Khairul, sons of late Talim Uddin Mondal of Dakkhin Bhabanipur village, over a trifling matter and beat them, leaving Khairul critically injured.
Later, Khairul died on the way to hospital.
Khairul's elder brother filed a murder case accusing four people.
After examining all the records and witnesses, district and session judge Arup Kumar Goswami delivered the verdict acquitting one accused.
In Faridpur, a court awarded Rahin Sheikh, 20, son of Akbar Sheikh of Bilamahmudpur in Sadar upazila, to life imprisonment for killing his stepmother Beauty Begum on July 9 in 2016.
According to the prosecution, Rahin stabbed his stepmother to death following a family feud.
Later, his father filed a case accusing Rahin, his brother and his mother.
In Manikganj, a court sentenced Jahirul, 25, to life in prison for killing a woman, Alladi, 65, during a burglary at Kumulli village in Sadar upazila on August 11, 2017.
According to the prosecution, Jahirul entered the house of Bhojam Ali at the village and stole his wife's gold chain and earrings after strangulating her to death.
Later, Alladi's daughter Fulmala filed a case over the incident.
After examining all the records and witnesses, district and session judge Shahidul Alam Jhinuk handed down the verdict.
Besides, a court here sentenced a drug trader, Riazul Miah, to 10 years' rigorous imprisonment and fined him Tk 3 lakh in a case filed in connection with the recovery of 1000 Yaba tablets from Golra village in Singair upazila.
In Chuadanga, judge Rabiul Islam of special trial tribunal sentenced a man, Kawser, 37, son of Imdadul Haque of Nastipur village in Damurhuda upazila, to life imprisonment in a gold smuggling case.
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- Flat wicket is good for Liton!
- Opposition could be stronger if Fakhrul would join JS: Quader
- JS body for buying paddy directly from farmers
- BCL dissidents suspend protest
- GM Quader meets Indian High Commissioner
- Moeen urges fans to not heckle Warner, Smith
- Ultrasound: The future of diabetes treatment?
- Everything will be done for farmer: Razzak
- South Korea to invest $6m in Mongla EPZ
- Condition of Khalid Hossain detrioates
- Adverse weather affects Litchi farming in Rangpur
- ‘No public transport run without tickets’
- Ex-husband files lawsuit against Mila
- Rhodes elated to see youngsters takes big stride
- Amir, Wahab named in Pakistan`s World Cup squad
- No traffic congestion in Sujanagar
- No contractual recruitment in edu institutions
- Tigers confidence in hands of expertise
- Life-Changing Lessons from the Quran (Part-2)
- HC seeks inquiry report on corruption at Rooppur plant
- Google restricts Huawei`s use of Android
- ‘Govt wants militancy free economic development’
- HC orders to monitor fruit markets
- Cabinet reshuffled to speed up work: Quader
- 20-points proposals from Jatri Kalyan for safe Eid journey
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- 32 dead in Tajikistan prison riot
- Five matches to be held at the Rose Bowl
- Results of 38th BCS written exam before Eid
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Magnitude 7.5 quake hits off Papua New Guinea
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Bringing flavor back to tomatoes
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- Poverty rate comes down
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- Quader returns home this evening
- PM likely to visit 3 countries
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Quader to join his office today
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- Two Rohingya human traffickers killed in gunfight
- HC bars use of phrase ‘fake freedom fighter’
- Secret of sensational Majed killings revealed
- Active bullock cart, crisis of day laborer
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Advanced train ticket sale begins May 22
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- President reaches London
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- Magistrate`s car attacked in Ctg