One to die, 5 get life in prison in murder cases in 4 dists
Published: 07:20 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 07:20 PM, 29 November 2018
Separate courts in Satkhira, Kushtia, Faridpur and Manikganj districts on Thursday sentenced a man to death and five people to life imprisonment in separate murder cases.
Besides, a man was sentenced to life in prison in Chuadanga in a gold smuggling case while another to 10 years' rigorous imprisonment in Manikganj in a drug case.
In Satkhira, a court sentenced Jalal Sana, 52, son of Abdul Sana of Ragunathpur village in Kaliganj upazila, to death for killing his wife Nasima Khatun.
According to the prosecution, Jalal Sana hacked his wife to death over family feud on March 13, 2018.
Later, Nasima's father filed a murder case against Jalal.
After examining all the records and witnesses, district and session judge Syed Sadequl Islam Talukder handed down the verdict.
In Kushtia, a court sentenced three members of a family to life imprisonment for killing a young man in Bheramara upazila on August 24, 2013.
The convicts are Abdul Mannan, 52, son of late Nagar Mistri, his wife Marina Khatun, 40, and his mother Marjina Khatun, 70, of Satbaria Hisnapara village.
According to the prosecution, the convicts attacked Shahin and his brother Khairul, sons of late Talim Uddin Mondal of Dakkhin Bhabanipur village, over a trifling matter and beat them, leaving Khairul critically injured.
Later, Khairul died on the way to hospital.
Khairul's elder brother filed a murder case accusing four people.
After examining all the records and witnesses, district and session judge Arup Kumar Goswami delivered the verdict acquitting one accused.
In Faridpur, a court awarded Rahin Sheikh, 20, son of Akbar Sheikh of Bilamahmudpur in Sadar upazila, to life imprisonment for killing his stepmother Beauty Begum on July 9 in 2016.
According to the prosecution, Rahin stabbed his stepmother to death following a family feud.
Later, his father filed a case accusing Rahin, his brother and his mother.
In Manikganj, a court sentenced Jahirul, 25, to life in prison for killing a woman, Alladi, 65, during a burglary at Kumulli village in Sadar upazila on August 11, 2017.
According to the prosecution, Jahirul entered the house of Bhojam Ali at the village and stole his wife's gold chain and earrings after strangulating her to death.
Later, Alladi's daughter Fulmala filed a case over the incident.
After examining all the records and witnesses, district and session judge Shahidul Alam Jhinuk handed down the verdict.
Besides, a court here sentenced a drug trader, Riazul Miah, to 10 years' rigorous imprisonment and fined him Tk 3 lakh in a case filed in connection with the recovery of 1000 Yaba tablets from Golra village in Singair upazila.
In Chuadanga, judge Rabiul Islam of special trial tribunal sentenced a man, Kawser, 37, son of Imdadul Haque of Nastipur village in Damurhuda upazila, to life imprisonment in a gold smuggling case.
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Lightning kills 9 in 4 districts
- `Action against who discourage Rohingya `
- August 15 and 21 are in same knot
- First successful Air-raid in history
- Kashmir: Bone of contention between India-Pakistan
- Israel detains 16 Palestinians in West Bank raids
- Golden fibre makes farmer smile
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves