One to die, 5 get life in prison in murder cases in 4 dists
Published: 07:20 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 07:20 PM, 29 November 2018
Separate courts in Satkhira, Kushtia, Faridpur and Manikganj districts on Thursday sentenced a man to death and five people to life imprisonment in separate murder cases.
Besides, a man was sentenced to life in prison in Chuadanga in a gold smuggling case while another to 10 years' rigorous imprisonment in Manikganj in a drug case.
In Satkhira, a court sentenced Jalal Sana, 52, son of Abdul Sana of Ragunathpur village in Kaliganj upazila, to death for killing his wife Nasima Khatun.
According to the prosecution, Jalal Sana hacked his wife to death over family feud on March 13, 2018.
Later, Nasima's father filed a murder case against Jalal.
After examining all the records and witnesses, district and session judge Syed Sadequl Islam Talukder handed down the verdict.
In Kushtia, a court sentenced three members of a family to life imprisonment for killing a young man in Bheramara upazila on August 24, 2013.
The convicts are Abdul Mannan, 52, son of late Nagar Mistri, his wife Marina Khatun, 40, and his mother Marjina Khatun, 70, of Satbaria Hisnapara village.
According to the prosecution, the convicts attacked Shahin and his brother Khairul, sons of late Talim Uddin Mondal of Dakkhin Bhabanipur village, over a trifling matter and beat them, leaving Khairul critically injured.
Later, Khairul died on the way to hospital.
Khairul's elder brother filed a murder case accusing four people.
After examining all the records and witnesses, district and session judge Arup Kumar Goswami delivered the verdict acquitting one accused.
In Faridpur, a court awarded Rahin Sheikh, 20, son of Akbar Sheikh of Bilamahmudpur in Sadar upazila, to life imprisonment for killing his stepmother Beauty Begum on July 9 in 2016.
According to the prosecution, Rahin stabbed his stepmother to death following a family feud.
Later, his father filed a case accusing Rahin, his brother and his mother.
In Manikganj, a court sentenced Jahirul, 25, to life in prison for killing a woman, Alladi, 65, during a burglary at Kumulli village in Sadar upazila on August 11, 2017.
According to the prosecution, Jahirul entered the house of Bhojam Ali at the village and stole his wife's gold chain and earrings after strangulating her to death.
Later, Alladi's daughter Fulmala filed a case over the incident.
After examining all the records and witnesses, district and session judge Shahidul Alam Jhinuk handed down the verdict.
Besides, a court here sentenced a drug trader, Riazul Miah, to 10 years' rigorous imprisonment and fined him Tk 3 lakh in a case filed in connection with the recovery of 1000 Yaba tablets from Golra village in Singair upazila.
In Chuadanga, judge Rabiul Islam of special trial tribunal sentenced a man, Kawser, 37, son of Imdadul Haque of Nastipur village in Damurhuda upazila, to life imprisonment in a gold smuggling case.
- BNP is a failed political party: Quader
- 2 held over ‘rape’ of girl in N’ganj
- Srijit was hot-headed before marriage: Raima
- Ishita sings with son
- 11 held with marijuana-cash in Bhairab
- Facebook to boost site safety with 1,000 more UK staff
- Tigers’ Pak T20 series rescheduled
- Newborn baby found wrapped in lungi
- No alternative to eating alone to lose weight!
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- 2 Indian soldiers killed in Kashmir gunfight
- Three-way traffic collision kills 4 in Keraniganj
- Child drowned in Faridpur
- Homemade way to blacken hair
- National Science and Technology Week begins in Gopalganj
- Illegal establishments abolished in Singair
- 68,000 families to get disaster-resistant home in Mujib Year
- De Kock to lead SA ODI team
- Baby dies after drowning in Faridpur
- Debtor stabbed farmer for Tk 200
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- U-19 WC: Junior Tigers reach quarterfinals
- 2 detained with Indian cows in Roumari border
- Locals block road in protest of eve-teasing in Sunamganj
- 5 members of ‘Malam Party’ arrested
- Mushy placed in T20 innings of the year
- Duke of Sussex to start new chapter in Canada
- 2 crushed under train in Joypurhat
- Bird fair at Jahangirnagar University Friday
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF in Panchagarh
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- DU expels 63 students for life
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- 5,000 camels shot dead in Australia
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- Razakar Kaiser’s death penalty upheld
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU
- Bus-ambulance collision kills 2 in Rangpur