One to die, 5 get life in prison in murder cases in 4 dists
Published: 07:20 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 07:20 PM, 29 November 2018
Separate courts in Satkhira, Kushtia, Faridpur and Manikganj districts on Thursday sentenced a man to death and five people to life imprisonment in separate murder cases.
Besides, a man was sentenced to life in prison in Chuadanga in a gold smuggling case while another to 10 years' rigorous imprisonment in Manikganj in a drug case.
In Satkhira, a court sentenced Jalal Sana, 52, son of Abdul Sana of Ragunathpur village in Kaliganj upazila, to death for killing his wife Nasima Khatun.
According to the prosecution, Jalal Sana hacked his wife to death over family feud on March 13, 2018.
Later, Nasima's father filed a murder case against Jalal.
After examining all the records and witnesses, district and session judge Syed Sadequl Islam Talukder handed down the verdict.
In Kushtia, a court sentenced three members of a family to life imprisonment for killing a young man in Bheramara upazila on August 24, 2013.
The convicts are Abdul Mannan, 52, son of late Nagar Mistri, his wife Marina Khatun, 40, and his mother Marjina Khatun, 70, of Satbaria Hisnapara village.
According to the prosecution, the convicts attacked Shahin and his brother Khairul, sons of late Talim Uddin Mondal of Dakkhin Bhabanipur village, over a trifling matter and beat them, leaving Khairul critically injured.
Later, Khairul died on the way to hospital.
Khairul's elder brother filed a murder case accusing four people.
After examining all the records and witnesses, district and session judge Arup Kumar Goswami delivered the verdict acquitting one accused.
In Faridpur, a court awarded Rahin Sheikh, 20, son of Akbar Sheikh of Bilamahmudpur in Sadar upazila, to life imprisonment for killing his stepmother Beauty Begum on July 9 in 2016.
According to the prosecution, Rahin stabbed his stepmother to death following a family feud.
Later, his father filed a case accusing Rahin, his brother and his mother.
In Manikganj, a court sentenced Jahirul, 25, to life in prison for killing a woman, Alladi, 65, during a burglary at Kumulli village in Sadar upazila on August 11, 2017.
According to the prosecution, Jahirul entered the house of Bhojam Ali at the village and stole his wife's gold chain and earrings after strangulating her to death.
Later, Alladi's daughter Fulmala filed a case over the incident.
After examining all the records and witnesses, district and session judge Shahidul Alam Jhinuk handed down the verdict.
Besides, a court here sentenced a drug trader, Riazul Miah, to 10 years' rigorous imprisonment and fined him Tk 3 lakh in a case filed in connection with the recovery of 1000 Yaba tablets from Golra village in Singair upazila.
In Chuadanga, judge Rabiul Islam of special trial tribunal sentenced a man, Kawser, 37, son of Imdadul Haque of Nastipur village in Damurhuda upazila, to life imprisonment in a gold smuggling case.
- Woman commits suicide after poisoning 2 children
- Motorcyclist killed in Manikganj road crash
- Papua New Guinea PM Peter O`Neill resigns
- Two killed as covered van hits pickup
- England, Australia to play WC Warm Up today
- Boro paddy procurement drive begins in Narail
- Shakib on the brink of another milestone
- Mozammel to join Modi’s oath ceremony
- Iraq sentences 3 Frenchmen to death
- PM to leave home for 12-day tour Tuesday
- Miraz vows to cover up Tigers’ lack of leg-spinner
- Don`t want to see BRTC bankrupt: Quader
- Mahathir expected to visit Bangladesh at ‘year-end’
- Bangladesh-Japan to sign $2.5 bl ODA
- Habitual coffee drinkers really do wake up and smell coffee
- Study predicts shift to smaller animals over next century
- Exotic matter uncovered in the sun`s atmosphere
- PBI proves ex-Sonagazi OC `fault` in DSA
- Modi to take oath on Thursday
- IGP calls for increasing security ahead of Eid
- Bangladesh`s warm-up abandoned due to rain
- JS body urge to complete “Swadhinata Stambha” soon
- Eid Jamaat at 8:30 am
- 6 hours’ road reduced to 1.5 hour
- Hasan urges BNP not to do ‘ill politics’ over Khaleda’s health
- EC, Local Govt Division get new secretaries
- Cannes 2019: All the winners and losers of this year`s festival
- 72nd Cannes film festival winners at a glance
- Magnitude 8 earthquake strikes Peru
- Historical Conquest of Mecca
- All News »
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- Boro paddy procurement drive begins in Narail
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Adventurous operation BEKPA-2 (Episode-1) under Captain Touquir
- Taylor, Williamson lead NZ to beat India
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- `Final should not decide my future`
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- PM inaugurates Panchagarh Express
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- 29 fake question leakers held in Satkhira
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- Highest power generation recorded
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Archer named in England World Cup squad
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized
- Mango bean to control diabetes
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- 4 of a family killed in gas cylinder blast