One to die, 5 get life in prison in murder cases in 4 dists
Published: 07:20 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 07:20 PM, 29 November 2018
Separate courts in Satkhira, Kushtia, Faridpur and Manikganj districts on Thursday sentenced a man to death and five people to life imprisonment in separate murder cases.
Besides, a man was sentenced to life in prison in Chuadanga in a gold smuggling case while another to 10 years' rigorous imprisonment in Manikganj in a drug case.
In Satkhira, a court sentenced Jalal Sana, 52, son of Abdul Sana of Ragunathpur village in Kaliganj upazila, to death for killing his wife Nasima Khatun.
According to the prosecution, Jalal Sana hacked his wife to death over family feud on March 13, 2018.
Later, Nasima's father filed a murder case against Jalal.
After examining all the records and witnesses, district and session judge Syed Sadequl Islam Talukder handed down the verdict.
In Kushtia, a court sentenced three members of a family to life imprisonment for killing a young man in Bheramara upazila on August 24, 2013.
The convicts are Abdul Mannan, 52, son of late Nagar Mistri, his wife Marina Khatun, 40, and his mother Marjina Khatun, 70, of Satbaria Hisnapara village.
According to the prosecution, the convicts attacked Shahin and his brother Khairul, sons of late Talim Uddin Mondal of Dakkhin Bhabanipur village, over a trifling matter and beat them, leaving Khairul critically injured.
Later, Khairul died on the way to hospital.
Khairul's elder brother filed a murder case accusing four people.
After examining all the records and witnesses, district and session judge Arup Kumar Goswami delivered the verdict acquitting one accused.
In Faridpur, a court awarded Rahin Sheikh, 20, son of Akbar Sheikh of Bilamahmudpur in Sadar upazila, to life imprisonment for killing his stepmother Beauty Begum on July 9 in 2016.
According to the prosecution, Rahin stabbed his stepmother to death following a family feud.
Later, his father filed a case accusing Rahin, his brother and his mother.
In Manikganj, a court sentenced Jahirul, 25, to life in prison for killing a woman, Alladi, 65, during a burglary at Kumulli village in Sadar upazila on August 11, 2017.
According to the prosecution, Jahirul entered the house of Bhojam Ali at the village and stole his wife's gold chain and earrings after strangulating her to death.
Later, Alladi's daughter Fulmala filed a case over the incident.
After examining all the records and witnesses, district and session judge Shahidul Alam Jhinuk handed down the verdict.
Besides, a court here sentenced a drug trader, Riazul Miah, to 10 years' rigorous imprisonment and fined him Tk 3 lakh in a case filed in connection with the recovery of 1000 Yaba tablets from Golra village in Singair upazila.
In Chuadanga, judge Rabiul Islam of special trial tribunal sentenced a man, Kawser, 37, son of Imdadul Haque of Nastipur village in Damurhuda upazila, to life imprisonment in a gold smuggling case.
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Students’ council formed in 8,684 schools
- Fire broke in Cumilla Moon Hospital
- ‘Chemical’ evidence found in Churihatta fire incident
- Wazed Mia works for humanity: Speaker
- Ultra-processed foods links cancer risk
- 10 shops gutted in Melandaha
- None would be able to destroy Bengali culture: PM
- Kartoa land more fertile for tea: Experts
- BNP’s anti-govt comts over city fire improper: Hasan
- Chelsea banned from signing new players
- W.House to keep 200 troops in Syria
- Kartoa Valley land more fertile for tea cultivation: Experts
- Pres at doa for Chawkbazar victims
- DNA samples collected to identify charred bodies
- `Govt instructs to shift godowns from old Dhaka`
- Saudi crown prince meets Chinese president, bags oil deal
- 80 grave ready in Azimpur
- Venezuela seals border
- Unknown panic in Bilchandak!
- Mosquitos killed more humans than all wars
- Dipu Moni emphasizes on lifelong learning for sustainable dev
- No gate keeper in rail crossing
- 7.5 quake hits Peru-Ecuador border
- World`s largest bee found in INDO
- Youth hacked dead in Gazipur
- Chawkbazar fire: Chandpur`s 2 dead
- Kulkhani and Doa Mahfil tomorrow
- ‘Uro Megher Boshonto’ of Nilanjana Neela
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Navy Chief in UAE arms exhibition
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- Barrister Razzaq resigns from Jamaat
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP