One more dies from coronavirus, 112 new infected
Published: 02:36 PM, 9 April 2020 Updated: 04:29 PM, 9 April 2020
Health and Family Welfare Minister Zahid Maleque speaking at regular online briefing of Institute of Epidemiology Disease Control and Research (IEDCR)
One more person has died from coronavirus in the last 24 hours, raising the death toll to 21 in the country. Besides, 112 other people have been diagnosed with the virus during the period. With this, the total number of infected patients has increased to 330.
Health and Family Welfare Minister Zahid Maleque came up with the information at a regular press briefing at the health ministry in Dhaka through online on Thursday.
In the past 24 hours, samples of the 1097 people were tested across the country. Of these, 618 were in Dhaka.
Among the new COVID-19 patients, 70 are male while 42 are female. 62 of the 112 newly infected people were detected in Dhaka, 13 in Narayanganj and rests elsewhere in the country.
Three of the fresh coronavirus patients were children aged between 1-10, nine were in their 10s, 25 in their 20s, 34 in their 30s, 17 in their 40s, 23 in their 50s and 11 others in over 60 years old.
The coronavirus, that first reported in China late last year, is now affecting 209 countries and territories around the world and 2 international conveyances. As of Thursday afternoon, a total of 1,521,253 people have been diagnosed with the virus worldwide, as the death toll rises to 88,570 while 331,355 patients have recovered.
More than a third of the world's population is now under lockdown as an increasing number of countries implement sweeping measures to fight the coronavirus pandemic.
To stop spreading the deadly coronavirus, the Bangladesh government on March 23 declared a nationwide 10-day holiday shutting down the government and private offices excepting essential and healthcare facilities while it was due to expire on April 4. On April 1, the fresh holidays were declared from April 5 to 9 and the two days of (Friday & Saturday) would be added to these holidays.
Later on April 5, the government issued an order extending the nationwide holiday further until April 14 in the wake of the deadly novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. All have been requested to stay-at-home during the holidays unless they have a good reason to leave their homes.
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Businessman found dead in pond in Noakhali
- Nor’wester kills 4, damages over 1,000 houses in Joypurhat
- Woman dies while trying to save a child from electric shock
- Over 1000 cops recover from coronavirus
- US COVID-19 death toll exceeds 100,000
- Nearly 2000 coronavirus cases in Chattogram
- Another Barguna teenager killed in front of public
- Spain declares 10-day official mourning
- India`s COVID-19 cases cross 1.5 lakh
- Man kills 9 to cover up lover’s murder
- Shops, shopping malls to reopen from Saturday
- Coronavirus deaths toll top 352,000 globally
- 2 children, mother killed after tree falls on house
- 2 killed in Tangail autorickshaw-motorcycle collision
- Online portals to bring under registration soon: Hasan
- Imperial and BBMH declared as dedicated Covid-19 hospitals
- Magura coronavirus cases rise to 20
- Ershad’s ‘Palli Nibas’ under lockdown
- Niloufer Manzur laid to eternal rest at Banani graveyard
- 1,200 Bangladeshis return home from Maldives
- COVID-19 cases surpass 5.6 million globally
- Chandpur coronavirus deaths rise to 13
- Chicken prices drop by Tk 40
- Man hides after knowing he tests COVID-19 positive
- ‘BNP can’t shun politics of criticism, hatred even on Eid day’
- Gopalganj`s COVID-19 cases rise by 13 to 143
- BNP rotating in circle of negative politics amidst corona crisis
- Sri Lanka pacer held on drug charge
- 30 missing as boat sinks in Jamuna
- All News »
- ‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Track of cyclone ‘Amphan’ (Live)
- After ‘Amphan’, there will be ‘Cyclone Nisharga’
- Highest COVID-19 deaths, cases recorded in 24 hrs
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- ‘Amphan’ closer to Bangladesh; Great Danger Signal No 10 issued
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Great danger signal for Ctg-Cox’s Bazar too
- Super cyclone Amphan claims 9 lives
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- 1617 new infected in 24hrs, 16 more dead
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Uber Eats going to be closed in Bangladesh
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- Online store “Facebook Shops” launched
- Legal notice sent to Anushka Sharma
- Areas under Danger Signal No 10
- Cyclone ‘Amphan’: 15 feet high storm surge likely
- High number of US coronavirus cases is ‘Badge of Honor’: Trump
- These areas likely to be inundated by 15 feet high storm surge
- IS new chief al-Qardash arrested
- Shokh herself reveals mystery of 2nd marriage?
- Holy Shab-e-Qadr tonight
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- ‘Twilight’ actor found dead with girlfriend
- Sundarbans play motherly role to abate Amphan severity