Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
Published: 11:03 PM, 17 July 2019 Updated: 09:49 AM, 18 July 2019
The dead body of Jahidul Bepari (60) and his son Shafiqul Bepari (17) were recovered after the building collapse in Patuatuli of Old Dhaka. Fire service men rescued two bodies at 8.30pm.
Fire Service and Civil Defense Deputy Director Debashish Bardhan said the missing father and son's dead body were recovered from the debris of collapsed building.
Their body was sent to Mid-Forth Hospital for autopsy. They used to trade fruit in Sadarghat. Their village house in Madaripur Rajoir thana area.
Earlier, the three-story building collapsed at noon. Being informed Fire-service men reached the spot. At least six units of fire service took the rescue operation.
Fire Service officials said the collapsed building was very risky.
Locals said Jayed Ali, lived on the 1st floor in a rented house with his son Babla at Patuatali. When Jayed Ali's brother went to the building he sees it collapsed. From morning, Jayed Ali and his son Babla's Mobile Phone is switched off.
Visiting the site our correspondent said the building was so old and its rope was built with Lime, soil and sugarcane. No rode was used to build the building. The building was collapsed due to heavy rain.
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC