Oikyafront to form constituency-based coordination committee: Bulu
Published: 06:06 PM, 4 December 2018 Updated: 06:06 PM, 4 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Dr Kamal Hossain-led Jatiya Oikyafront on Tuesday decided to form its coordination committee based on every constituency to carry out electioneering in favour of the candidates of 'Sheaf of Paddy'.
BNP vice-chairman Barkatullah Bulu came up with the announcement after a joint meeting of Jatiya Oikyafront's central coordination and Dhaka city unit committees.
The meeting was held at its temporary office at Pritom Zaman tower in the city's Old Paltan area.
"Jatiya Oikyafront candidates will be provided with the election symbol, 'Sheaf of Paddy', after December 8. We want to work unitedly for a lone candidate of Oikyafront in every seat to ensure the victory of the alliance," he said.
"We've decided to form Oikyafront's coordination committee based on every constituency and the committee will steer the election activities of the front's candidates," he said.
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- How you can identify ‘Appendix’ pain!
- Salah donates Tk 25 cr for cancer institute
- Suarez joins Messi on Barca treatment table
- Drug dealer held in Mathbaria
- Schools adorned with national flag painting
- Poet Shamsur Rahman’s 13th death anniv today
- Today`s sports on TV
- India’s unilateral decision is not valid: China in UNSC
- Two suspected robbers lynched in Pabna
- Return hajj flights start today
- Indian FM to Dhaka on Monday
- 4 killed in bus-private car collision
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Global stocks choppy amid angst over trade war, bond yields
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- Mirpur slum fire doused