Oikyafront’s election allied Jamaat was wrong: Kamal
Published: 06:19 PM, 12 January 2019 Updated: 06:49 PM, 12 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Jatiya Oikyafront leader and Ganoforum President Kamal Hossain said, Oikyafront’s participation in the 11th Parliamentary election allied with Jamaat was a wrong decision.
He said this after a meeting with party's central committee leaders at the Ganofaram office in the capital's Motijheel on Saturday afternoon.
He said, “I did not know the existence (withBNP alliance) of Jamaat when I agreed to the consensus.” He doesn’t want to do politics with Jamaat, he also said.
Ganoforum General Secretary Mostafa Mohsin Montu said in the written speech that the wrong unsettled mistakes in rapid forming of the Jatiya Oikyafront will be amended and a strong national unity will be created for the future.
Asked the unintentional error is what is meant and whether it is meant to unity with Jamaat. Kamal replayed, you have given a good example. I'll also think it, yes.
“I said to Already Publicly, that brother I did not know that. 25 of Jamaat have been nominated. When I agreed, it was not made me informed. At least in my opinion (going to elections with Jamaat) that was a mistake.”
Asked about the position of Jamaat, Mustafa Mohsin Montu said, “We have no intention do politics allied Jamaat. We didn’t do it in the past; neither at present or in the future.”
Regarding whether the Jatiya Oikyafront formation with Jamaat is unintentional wrongdoing and whether the BNP will be forced to leave the Jamaat. Kamal Hossain said, I think that the BNP may be forced to leave Jamaat.
Asked if you will be in the Jatiya Oikyafront if Jamaat is with the BNP, he said, I want to say it clearly that we will not do any politics with Jamaat. We would like to address the BNP immediately about the issue of Jamaat.
Quoting the national election, he said that there was no consensus among the people about basic issues. There is no difference on that Parliament should be formed by a fair election. But what happened on 30th you have received in the newspapers.
In the interest of the country, respecting the constitution, the government can decide, it is possible, Kamal demanded. Kamal said, 'If they want, they can hold an election within two or three months.'
Besides, the National Council of Ganoforum will be held in Dhaka on 23rd and 24th March, Dr. Kamal Hossain informed.
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- Impotent injection for rapist
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- Firemen at risk in service office
- Revenue will be billions below forecast: Huawei CEO
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- Rangpur city polluted than Dhaka, Cumilla in safe zone
- UN to adopt tougher policy against Myanmar
- No gas supply to Kawla, Zia Colony for 9hrs today
- Heat weave may continue
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- 18 killed, 29 injured in Venezuela road crash
- OC Moazzem handed over to Feni police
- Moazzem to be produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal today
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Shahid says fight with Mira can last 15 days
- Tigers take on WI a must-win WC match
- 5th phase polls in 23 UZs tomorrow
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- Class XI admission results published
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- JS budget session begins today
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held