Official campaign begins
Published: 08:55 PM, 24 April 2018
In the Gazipur City Corporation election, symbols have been allocated among candidates contesting for mayor and councillor.
Returning Officer Rakib Uddin Mandal distributed the symbols among the candidates from 10 in the morning at the temporary office of the Returning Officer at Bangataj auditorium.
Meanwhile, In the GCC election, a total of seven mayor candidates, 256 general councillors and 84 reserved-seat female councillor candidates are competing.
For mayoral post-BNP backed candidate Sahan Uddin Sarkar got symbol ‘sheaf of paddy’ and Awami League-backed candidate Jahangir Alam got ‘boat’ symbol.
Communist Party of Bangladesh (CPB) backed candidate Ruhul Amin got ‘sickle’, Islami Andolan Bangladesh backed candidate Nasir Uddin got ‘hand fan’, Islami Oikya Jote backed candidate Fazlur Rahman got ‘Minar’, Bangladesh Islami Front backed candidate Jalal Uddin got ‘candle’ and individual candidate Farid Uddin got ‘wall clock’.
Besides assistant returning officer also distributed symbols among general ward and reserved female councillor post candidates.
GCC has a total of 11,37,736 voters for 57 general and 19 reserved wards.
However, it is necessary to keep an eye on the propaganda that no violation of the code of conduct is violated. The candidates felicitate to get the symbol. Now the election amazes is being held in the city of Gazipur.
Returning Officer, Rakib Uddin Mandal said before any distribution of symbols, any candidate started campaigning in the field of election, which violates the electoral law. Those who have received evidence of violating this election law have been warned according to the rules. There are rules for campaigning. If this happens, then action will be taken according to electoral rules. During campaigning, he urged the candidates to run election campaign keeping in view the cause of public grievances and students` problems.
Advocate Jahangir Alam urged everyone to work together to ensure the victory of the boat. He said this while talking to the activists in a meeting at the residence of Gazipur Metropolitan Jatiya Party President Bir Uttamuddin Abdus Sattar Mia at Chandna Chaurasta area on Tuesday. During this time, the Jatiya Party leaders announced full support for the boat.
Jatiya Party Chairman Hussein Muhammad Ershad`s Health Advisor and former Secretary MM Niaz Uddin, Jatiya Party Central Committee member Shariful Islam, President of Awami League of Gazipur Society Advocate Shafiqul Islam Babul, General Secretary of the Metropolitan Jatiya Party Joynal Abedin, joint general secretary of Gazipur metropolitan Awami League Mukesh Ali, president of the Metropolitan Youth Solidarity Zakir Hossain, General Secretary Dulal Mridha, convener of Metropolitan Awami Juba League Kamrul Ahsan Sarker Rasel were present in the meeting.
Freedom fighter Hasan Uddin Sarkar, a former MP, nominated by BNP, said that the symbol of the rice is the symbol of Gazipur people. Gazipur people will not make mistakes in this symbol. Earlier, he received the symbol from the office of the Returning Officer in the morning. Meanwhile, BNP`s central organizing secretary AKM Fazlul Haq Milon, district general secretary Kazi Sayedul Alam Babul, BNP leader Mir Halimuzzaman Nani and other activists were present at the meeting.
Meanwhile, the leaders of the Khilafat Majlis also exchange views in their home in Tongi.
Bangladesh Islamic Font nominated mayor Jalal Uddin said the city of Gazipur has become a dump. We will continue to campaign according to the rules. If we win, we will set up a "drought-free zone" without any dirty bunker.
- Get driving license after eye and dope test: HC
- Rohingya wants to return after ensuring recognition
- Warner hits ton, Australia heading for big total
- Novoair increases flights to Jashore
- US confirms drone was shot down by Iranian missile
- Soumya makes brekthough for Bangladesh
- National Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign on June 22
- Rohingyas’ ardor to return home on refugee day
- Prisoner dies in Kashimpur jail
- ‘Dhaka Attack’s villain Taskeen got married
- Rana`s bail stay till July 1
- Provide Tk 50 within 2 months to Rajib’s family: HC
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- 9 to die for killing C’nawabganj Jubo League leader
- Rain, thundershowers likely to continue
- Australia to bat first against Bangladesh
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- ‘Refugee Day’ observed with 1.1m Rohingyas burden
- Google Doodle celebrates Sufia Kamal’s birth anniv
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- Tigers look for Cardiff 2005 encore in Nottingham
- WC: Bangladesh meets Australia today
- Robber killed in Fatullah gunfight
- Youth killed in Mohammadpur gunfight
- Sohel Taj’s nephew rescued
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- England wins beating Windies
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges