Official campaign begins
Published: 08:55 PM, 24 April 2018
In the Gazipur City Corporation election, symbols have been allocated among candidates contesting for mayor and councillor.
Returning Officer Rakib Uddin Mandal distributed the symbols among the candidates from 10 in the morning at the temporary office of the Returning Officer at Bangataj auditorium.
Meanwhile, In the GCC election, a total of seven mayor candidates, 256 general councillors and 84 reserved-seat female councillor candidates are competing.
For mayoral post-BNP backed candidate Sahan Uddin Sarkar got symbol ‘sheaf of paddy’ and Awami League-backed candidate Jahangir Alam got ‘boat’ symbol.
Communist Party of Bangladesh (CPB) backed candidate Ruhul Amin got ‘sickle’, Islami Andolan Bangladesh backed candidate Nasir Uddin got ‘hand fan’, Islami Oikya Jote backed candidate Fazlur Rahman got ‘Minar’, Bangladesh Islami Front backed candidate Jalal Uddin got ‘candle’ and individual candidate Farid Uddin got ‘wall clock’.
Besides assistant returning officer also distributed symbols among general ward and reserved female councillor post candidates.
GCC has a total of 11,37,736 voters for 57 general and 19 reserved wards.
However, it is necessary to keep an eye on the propaganda that no violation of the code of conduct is violated. The candidates felicitate to get the symbol. Now the election amazes is being held in the city of Gazipur.
Returning Officer, Rakib Uddin Mandal said before any distribution of symbols, any candidate started campaigning in the field of election, which violates the electoral law. Those who have received evidence of violating this election law have been warned according to the rules. There are rules for campaigning. If this happens, then action will be taken according to electoral rules. During campaigning, he urged the candidates to run election campaign keeping in view the cause of public grievances and students` problems.
Advocate Jahangir Alam urged everyone to work together to ensure the victory of the boat. He said this while talking to the activists in a meeting at the residence of Gazipur Metropolitan Jatiya Party President Bir Uttamuddin Abdus Sattar Mia at Chandna Chaurasta area on Tuesday. During this time, the Jatiya Party leaders announced full support for the boat.
Jatiya Party Chairman Hussein Muhammad Ershad`s Health Advisor and former Secretary MM Niaz Uddin, Jatiya Party Central Committee member Shariful Islam, President of Awami League of Gazipur Society Advocate Shafiqul Islam Babul, General Secretary of the Metropolitan Jatiya Party Joynal Abedin, joint general secretary of Gazipur metropolitan Awami League Mukesh Ali, president of the Metropolitan Youth Solidarity Zakir Hossain, General Secretary Dulal Mridha, convener of Metropolitan Awami Juba League Kamrul Ahsan Sarker Rasel were present in the meeting.
Freedom fighter Hasan Uddin Sarkar, a former MP, nominated by BNP, said that the symbol of the rice is the symbol of Gazipur people. Gazipur people will not make mistakes in this symbol. Earlier, he received the symbol from the office of the Returning Officer in the morning. Meanwhile, BNP`s central organizing secretary AKM Fazlul Haq Milon, district general secretary Kazi Sayedul Alam Babul, BNP leader Mir Halimuzzaman Nani and other activists were present at the meeting.
Meanwhile, the leaders of the Khilafat Majlis also exchange views in their home in Tongi.
Bangladesh Islamic Font nominated mayor Jalal Uddin said the city of Gazipur has become a dump. We will continue to campaign according to the rules. If we win, we will set up a "drought-free zone" without any dirty bunker.
- Afghanistan mosque bombing kills 62
- Nadeem joins India squad for Ranchi Test
- Sheikh Russel’s 56th birthday observed
- Death sentence for humiliation of the Holy Quran
- Turkey-led strikes kill 14 civilians in northeast Syria
- Workshop on IT awareness for female students held at DU
- Aligarh University Prof meets DU VC
- KUET admission test held peacefully
- At least 28 killed in Afghan mosque blast
- Semolina’s rasmalai!
- NASA astronauts Koch and Meir in all-women spacewalk
- Education programs runing on tide
- UN welcomes Turkey`s ceasefire decision
- FM calls upon German investment in Bangladesh
- Surge success of Urmi
- Bangladesh maintains all-win run beating Faroe Islands 3-1
- 6 foods that damaging your kidneys
- Bangabandhu Film City will be world class: Hasan
- NCL coaches terminated for not playing leg spinner
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Saif hits double ton, Imrul 93
- 17 fishermen jailed for catching hilsa
- Artist Kalidas Karmakar dies
- 35 arrested in anti-drug drive
- Culvert, the last reliance
- 2 children drown in Narail
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Tahsan not ‘celebrating’ Birthday...
- Singapore beat Scotland in T20 WC qualifiers
- US imposes record $7.5 billion tariffs on European goods
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- The king who rose from the dead
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- BUET students’ call off protests
- MBBS admission test today
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh