Obaidul Quader’s bypass surgery tomorrow
Published: 02:24 PM, 19 March 2019
Ailing Road Transport and Bridges Minister and Awami League (AL) General Secretary Obaidul Quader, who is undergoing treatment at Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore, will undergo bypass surgery on Wednesday.
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) Director Dr Abu Naser Rizvi said this on Tuesday.
Dr Sivathasan Cumara Swamy, cardiothoracic surgeon at the hospital and senior teammate of the medical board formed for Quader’s treatment, will conduct the surgery at 10:00 am (Singapore time).
Head of the medical board Dr Koh Siam Soon Philip will lead the surgery.
Quader’s blood pressure and diabetes remain under control and his physical condition is stable now, Rizvi said.
Family members of the AL general secretary sought ‘doa’ from the countrymen for recovery of Obaidul Quader.
Earlier, Dr Sivathasan Cumara Swamy apprised of the last update about the physical improvement of Quader to his family members.
Quader’s wife Isratunnesa Quader, his younger brother and Basurhat Pourashava Mayor Abdul Quader Mirza, Bangladesh High Commissioner to Singapore Mostafizur Rahman and Dr Rizvi were present, among others, at the briefing.
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- `There is a chance to joint invest in Bangladesh`
- BNP’s anarchy will not be tolerated: Hasan
- Sachin picks Shakib in his World Cup XI
- Zimbabwe inflation rate soars to 175%
- Train crash kills 9 with new weds
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- HC recommends punishment against 50 including Masud
- Zuma denies being `king of corrupt people`
- Nusrat murder: HC orders probe against ADM Enamul
- Shakib included in CWC19 best XI
- Fired DIG Mizan questioning at prison gate
- Primary students dropout rate decreased
- Jaffer, Ramanayeke as Tigers batting, bowling coach in SL tour
- Will be apologising to Williamson `For the rest of my life`
- Eid-ul-Azha advanced train ticket from Jul 29
- Partial lunar eclipse Wednesday
- New wave of cybercrime in Pakistan
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Non-government employees, slum dwellers to get flat: PM
- Temperature may rise over country
- PM opens 7 housing uplift schemes
- South Korean PM Lee leaves Dhaka
- Shah Rukh Khan to produce horror series for Netflix
- Russia`s Real Reasons for Partnering with Iran
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- Ershad’s 2nd namaz-e-janaza held
- Pickup van hits covered van in Gazipur, kills 3
- Over 1,000 Google Play Store apps hiding a nasty secret
- Queen salutes England after World Cup glory
- All News »
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- MP Firoz Rashid’s daughter-in-law Merina shot
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Saima rape, murder: Prime accused confesses to crime
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HM Ershad passes away
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- China assures to work to resolve Rohingya crisis: PM
- Netherlands Queen Maxima due today
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rickshaw pullers block Dhaka streets protesting ban
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Rifat murder: Rifat Farazi in 7-day remand
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Dutch Queen Maxima arrives
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- CU gets its first woman proctor
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Sexual assault on Nusrat: charges to be formed Jul 17
- Kader Siddiqui quits Oikyafront
- Don’t publish deceptive information about milk: HC
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped