Obaidul Quader mourns death of MP Mannan
Published: 11:50 AM, 18 January 2020
Bangladesh Awami League General Secretary and Road Trasport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader
Bangladesh Awami League General Secretary and Road Trasport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader has expressed deep grief and sorrow over the death of Bogura-1 constituency MP Abdul Manan.
In a condolence message on Saturday morning, he extended his condolences and prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed her profound sympathy to the bereaved family.
He expressed his condolences in a condolence message signed by Abu Nas, Deputy Chief Information Officer of the Department of Road Transport and Highways
Earlier on Saturday, Former Awami League Organizational Secretary and a Parliament Member (MP) of Bogura-1 constituency Abdul Mannan has passed away (Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji’un).
On Thursday, MP Mannan suddenly fell ill at his Dhanmondi residence. The family members then rushed him to the Popular Hospital. He was later shifted to LabAid Hospital at around 2:15 pm when his physical condition deteriorated. He was given life support when the situation became alarming.
Abdul Mannan was the president of the former Chhatra League. He served as the organizing secretary of the Awami League Central Committee from 2002 to 2009. He was elected MP for the first time in 2008 elections.
Abdul Mannan, son of Late Jalal Uddin Sardar was born on December 19, 1953, in Hindukandi village of Sariakandi upazila of Bogura.
His wife Shahadara Mannan is the president of Sariakandi Upazila Awami League and a member of the Bogura Zilla Parishad. His son Sakhawat Hossain Sajal is a lecturer at American International University and daughter Maliha Mannan is a United States expatriate.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks