Nusrat murder case verdict today
Published: 09:53 AM, 24 October 2019
Nusrat Jahan Rafi
A special tribunal in Feni is scheduled to pronounce judgement on Thursday in the case lodged over murder of Sonagazi madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi.
Earlier on September 30, Judge Md Mamunur Rashed of Feni Women and Child Repression Prevention Tribunal set today to pronounce the verdict as both the state and defence concluded their arguments on that day.
All the 16 accused in the case were present before the court while fixing date for delivering the verdict.
Nusrat, a student of Soniagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa, was set on fire on April 6, 2019, by stooges of madrasa principal Md Sirajuddoula as she refused to withdraw a case filed against the crooked teacher for sexual harassment. Nusrat succumbed to her injuries at Dhaka Medical College Hospital on April 10.
Nusrat’s brother Mahmudul Hasan Noman on April 8, had filed the case against eight.
Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) on June 29 filed charge sheet against 16. The court examined 87 witnesses on different occasions June 27 to September 30.
Nusrat had accused Sirajuddoula of harassing her sexually on March 27 while she was exposed to his extreme vengeance on April 6 when she went to the madrasa to appear in Alim examination.
A group of masked youths, later found to be the cronies of the disgraced principal, took Nusrat to the rooftop of the madrasa and set her on fire after tying her with her scarf.
- Areas where gas supply shut tomorrow
- Gas supply to stay shut in Farmgate, Shukrabad tomorrow
- Radish’s ‘Jafrani kabab’
- Minister laid Press Club building foundation stone in Kaliakair
- ‘No one will be exempted involving corruption’
- Bogura Zilla Awami League council tomorrow
- BNP’s behaviour in court unpardonable: Quader
- RAB detained 3 members of snatcher cycle
- Bangladeshi archers shine on opening day
- Modi, Pranab, Sonia to join Bangabandhu`s birth centenary
- Agriculture Minister inaugurates ‘Krisoker Bazar’
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Pancake without eggs!
- Language movement-liberation war’s colorful paintings on wall
- Child body recover from pond
- Giant ‘Tiger Shark’ caught in Chattogram
- ACC detained 2 civil aviation officials
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- 23 kidnapped from Mexican rehab clinic
- Bangladesh to honour 380 Indian soldiers: FM
- New South Wales bushfires condition worsen
- Hemayet 5th World Carrom rankings
- TV umpire to call no-balls in cricket first
- Five robbers detained in Narayanganj
- China`s new high-speed train faster than air travel
- School changes Nurani’s life
- Child body recover from pond
- Admission faker detained in interview
- New high-speed train faster than airbus
- BNP does not believe in constitution: Dipu Moni
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married