Nusrat murder accused Moni gave birth in prison
Published: 04:41 PM, 21 September 2019 Updated: 05:07 PM, 21 September 2019
Kamrun Nahar Moni, one of the accused in the Nusrat murder case, has become the mother of a daughter in the prison. Didarul Alam of Feni District Jail said that Moni was taken to Feni Modern Sadar Hospital on Friday evening when the birth pain began. She gave birth to a daughter at 12:30 am in the hospital. At present both mother and daughter are healthy.
When Moni was arrested in the Nusrat murder case, she was five months pregnant. Moni was produced in the court every working day when the trial began. Her lawyer asked for bail several times but the court did not approve.
The court, however, did not approve the plea seeking permission to attend the trial through a lawyer, having been discharged from private presence because of her pregnancy.
In the wake of Monir's plea to the court, a three-member medical board headed by resident doctor Abu Taher of Feni Modern Sadar Hospital on September 4 advised her to be fully rested with possible date of delivery on September 24. She was taken to court, ignoring the advice of the medical board.
Kamrun Nahar Moni, while giving her statement in self-support in the court on September 9, claimed that she was tortured in PBI custody and threatened to kill her child while they tried to make her confessed.
She said the PBI released the real (accused) Moi after arrested; who was present in the procession meeting to release Hujur.
On that day, she told the court, Sir, I have a hard time coming to court. The judge then obtained the medical board's report and released her from a private presence.
Mani's mother Noor Nahar, who is at Feni Hospital, said the newborn is healthy even if Mani is ill. Moni will be taken to jail in a short time.
Abu Taher, a resident doctor at Feni Modern Sadar Hospital, said the mother and the newborn were healthy. If anyone wants the authorities can take her today.
The trial of the Nusrat murder case is almost over. There is a possibility of announcing the date of judgment this week when the accused party's argument is presented. In this case, Moni confessed in the court under section 164.
Later, when the trial of the case began, she filed a denial petition against the statement made by PBI in the court. She allegedly complained against the PBI of taking confession by torture.
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Married couple found dead in Satkhira
- 43 dead, many injured in Delhi factory fire
- FF among 3 killed in Mathbaria road accident
- National Flag hoisted officially Dec 8, ‘71
- Messi hat-trick sends Barcelona top of La Liga
- More 881 MT of onion imported from Myanmar
- Grand opening ceremony of BPL today
- 52nd DU convocation on Monday
- Reps of Bangladesh will also present in Hague
- One killed in Rohingya camp terrorist shooting
- India`s Maruti Suzuki recalls over 60,000 vehicles across 3 brand
- Victory-Day Hockey Navy, Army makes good start
- UGC to examine graft documents against JU VC: Dipu Moni
- Fatema wins gold in SAG fencing
- Bangabandhu’s life to be screened in BBPL opening ceremony
- 8 drug dealers held in Rangpur
- Facebook fined $4 mn again
- DU to honor ‘Posthumous Doctorate’ to Bangabandhu
- Salam, Ataur elected President, GS of Ctg North dist AL
- DSCC mayor inaugurates nineteen roads
- Probe committee formed over Dhaleshwari launch collision
- Govt staffs to face salary deduction for late office
- ‘Sabotage won’t be allowed in the name of protest’
- File GD online at home
- Pakistan recalls Fawad Alam for Sri Lanka Test
- Devoted workers to be made AL leaders: Quader
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- PM stresses three state organs coordination to ensure justice
- Robot reads mantra instead of priest in temple
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- Trump calls Canada`s Trudeau `two-faced`
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Former England captain Bob Willis dies
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Salman Khan sunken in Afghan beauty
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Ali Dacoit killed in Islampur gunfight
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Barca, Man United, Juventus to play tonight
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Biman ex-director and DGM detained
- Nepal`s mass animal slaughter begins despite outcry
- Remittance inflow increases by 31.75pc in November
- WASA’s water pure such claim untrue: Expert Committee
- 629 Pakistani girls sold to China
- 24 killed as bus plunges off cliff in Tunisia