Nusrat murder: Sonagazi OC suspended
Published: 02:01 PM, 10 May 2019 Updated: 02:01 PM, 10 May 2019
Moazzem Hossain, officer-in-charge (OC) of Sonagazi Model Police Station, has been suspended on the charge of negligence of duty in connection with the death of Feni madrasa girl Nusrat Jahan Rafi after an arson attack.
“OC Moazzme Hossain has been attached to the Rangpur Deputy Inspector General of police (DIG) office,” said Md Sohel Rana, assistant inspector general (AIG) of police headquarters (PR) on Friday.
“The punitive action was taken against him following the recommendation of the probe body formed to investigate the Nusrat murder case,” he said.
Earlier on April 10, Moazzem Hossain was withdrawn and attached to the Armed Police Battalion (APBN).
Besides, a case was filed against OC Moazzem Hossain with Cyber Crimes Tribunal under the Digital Security Act.
Supreme Court Lawyer Barrister Sayedul Haque Sumon filed the case on April 15 under section 26, 29 and 31 of the act for spreading a video on social media on Nusrat’s statement at the police station.
According to the case statement, the OC called Nusrat to the police station on March 27 after she filed a case against Maulana SirajUd Doula, principal of Sonagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa, for sexually harassing her.
During interrogation at the police station, he asked her offensive and unpleasant questions over the incident. Later, the OC spread the video on social media.
On April 6, Nusrat was set afire at an examination center allegedly by people loyal to the principal of her madrasa after he was arrested and subsequently suspended as she had accused him of sexually harassing her in Sonagaziupazila of Feni district.
She lost her battle for life on April 10 at Dhaka Medical College Hospital in the capital.
A case was filed accusing eight identified people, including madrasa principal Sirajuddoula, lecturer of English Absar Uddin, Feni municipality councilor Maksudul Alam Maksud, and four unidentified ones.
Later, the case was transferred to the PBI (Police Bureau of Investigation).
- Coronavirus existence not found in four samples of Narail
- One arrested with Yaba in Tangail
- Hotel owners jailed for disobeying ban order
- Sweeper dies with corona symptoms in Rangpur
- 39 of the 54 new coronavirus patients in Dhaka
- Killer Majed`s death warrant issued
- 3 more die from coronavirus, 54 new infected
- Hajj registration process extended till Apr 16
- Holy Shab-E-Barat tomorrow
- Rain likely, temperature may fall
- New IGP Benazir, Mamun as new RAB DG
- Jahanara’s `8` tips to prevent Coronavirus infection
- Trump threatens WHO
- Police provides foodstuffs to helpless people in Kotalipara
- Fire gutted 10 shops in Tangail
- Coronavirus death toll in India rises to 160
- Coronavirus kills 2,000 in a single day in US
- Lockdown lifted in Wuhan after 76 days
- Adequate stock of salt in country
- Mathbaria under lockdown
- Coronavirus: Death toll tops 82 thousand globally
- Ronaldinho released from prison after 32 days
- James Bond actress Honor Blackman dies
- Death toll exceeds 6,000 in UK
- World witnesses last Pink Superman of the year today
- 1st coronavirus case identified in Tangail
- Death toll exceeds 17000 in Italy
- 52 areas of Capital locked down
- Spain records 743 more coronavirus deaths today
- Emergency telehealth service to launch for BU students
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- Narsingdi house lockdown over coronavirus suspicion
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Bachchu’s “Shei Tumi” storms in online in India