Nusrat murder: Moni put on 5-day remand
Published: 02:26 PM, 17 April 2019
A five-day remand has been granted to Kamrun Nahar Moni, an accused of the murder of Sonagazi madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi of Feni.
District Senior Judicial Magistrate Judge Saraf Uddin Ahmed granted the remand on Wednesday noon.
“Shah Alam, Inspector of Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) and the investigation officer of the case, produced Moni before the court for interrogation in the murder case of Nusrat. The judge granted five-day remand for a 10-day remand plea in the court,” said Feni court inspector Golam Jilani.
Nusrat’s lawyer Advocate M. Shahjahan Saju said, “The name of Kamrun Nahar Moni came up in the interrogation of the accused Nur Uddin and Shahadat Hossain Shamim. She supplied barkhas in this incident.”
“Those who involved indirectly in the incident will also be brought under the law through investigation,” said Banaj Kumar Majumder, head of the Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI).
PBI arrested Moni on Monday night. Detained Moni is the adopted daughter of Azizul Haque, a resident of Iman Ali Hazi Bari of Sonagazi Bustand.
Earlier, there was a complaint of sexual harassment of madrasa student Nusrat against the principal Siraj Ud-Daula. Nusrat’s mother Shirin Akhter filed a case with Sonagazi Police Station on March 27. Then the police arrested the principal. Nusrat's family was threatened to lift the case.
On April 6, a group of masked youths, reported to be principal’s stooge, took Nusrat to the rooftop and set her on fire in their bid to kill her.
Five days later, on April 10, Nusrat died in the Burn Unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital. Nusrat’s brother filed a case against Madarasa principal Siraj Ud-Daula in this incident.
- Three killed as truck rams auto-rickshaw
- Kaluhati shoe village passing busiest days ahead of Eid
- Heavy rainfall likely over country
- Mango bean for diabetes control
- Maritime ports asked to hoist signal 3
- Panchagarh Express starts maiden journey
- PM opens 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges
- Yaba trafficking: Rohingyas as safe passage
- UN honors 12 fallen Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- 13th span installed, 2km of Padma Bridge now visible
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- Afghanistan beat Pakistan in 1st warm-up
- 25 inmates killed in clashes with police at Venezuela jail
- Nine killed in lightning strikes across country
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- 14 Bangladeshis among 290 migrants rescued in Libya coast
- 19 students die in Gujarat`s coaching centre fire
- Installation of 13th span on Padma Bridge today
- Inauguration of 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges today
- 120th birth anniv of Nat`l Poet being celebrated
- WC Warm-Up match: India, Australia to play today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- How to enhance or suppress memories
- Theresa May profile
- Panchagarh Express maiden voyage tomorrow
- 20 student burnt to death in India
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Mother of two ‘gang raped’ in Noakhali
- We have fought having month-long fasting: AG Minister
- All News »
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Taskin in WC reserve squad finally
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- Commercial operation of BS-I begins today
- Actress Maya Ghosh dies
- TCB stopped sale of Ramadan commodities suddenly!
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Highest power generation recorded
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Offical theme song of ICC World Cup 2019 released
- Can Aditi fulfill her dream?
- Archer named in England World Cup squad