Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor
Published: 02:56 PM, 19 April 2019 Updated: 03:32 PM, 19 April 2019
The Crime Investigation Department’s (CID) Organized Crime Unit of the Police has been investigating whether there are money transactions for covering the murder incident of madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi.
CID has started working to find out if there is any illegal transaction to divert or covering the murder by illegal money transactions, or who are involved in these transactions.
On Friday morning, Senior Assistant Superintendent of Police (CID) Sharmin Jahan confirmed the news to the media.
Sharmin Jahan said, “We have received complaints that money has been traded for the murder. CID will investigate the allegations. If money is really transacted, then the money-grantor will be found out.”
Earlier, there was a complaint of sexual harassment of madrasa student Nusrat against the principal Siraj Ud-Daula. Nusrat’s mother Shirin Akhter filed a case with Sonagazi Police Station on March 27. Then the police arrested the principal. Nusrat's family was threatened to lift the case.
On April 6, a group of masked youths, reported to be principal’s stooge, took Nusrat to the rooftop and set her on fire in their bid to kill her allegedly for refusing to withdraw a case filed against the principal for sexually harassing her late last month.
Five days later, on April 10, Nusrat died in the Burn Unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital. Nusrat’s brother filed a case against Madarasa principal Siraj Ud-Daula in this incident.
Nusrat was buried at the family graveyard of North Charchandia village in Sonagazi municipality after autopsy.
Police and PBI have arrested 18 people so far in this case. Among them, Principal SM Siraj Ud-Daula, councilor Maksud Alam, teacher Abchar Uddin, classmates Ariful Islam, Noor Hossain, Kefayet Ullah Jony, Mohammad Alauddin, Shahidul Islam, Siraj's niece Umme Sultana Poppy, Jabed Hossain, Jubair Hossain, Nur Uddin, Shahadat Hossain, Md. Shamim, Kamrun Nahar Moni, Jannatul Afroz and Shariful Islam alias Sharif and Hafez Abdul Kader.
Of these, four have given confessional statements in court. In the statement, they confessed that they had set Nusrat on fire by the instruction of Siraj Ud-Daula. PBI has arrested those involved in the incident on the basis of their confession.
- Secondary School Teacher recruitment examination on June
- Win people’s trust through work: PM
- Bangladesh to play on Eid Day!
- Peya Jannatul stands beside Banu
- Lord`s to host World Cup final
- Toll within 10 seconds
- Rhodes urges Shakib to show why he`s No-1
- Nobel-winning physicist Murray Gell-Man dies at 89
- 11 officials promote to secretaries
- Fighting between inmates at Brazil prison kills 15
- ‘Vested cycle creates alarming situation’
- Lalmi farming brings boon for Faridpur farmers
- Arrest warrant issued against OC Moazzem
- Heat wave sweeping and may spread
- Bogura-6 by-polls: 8 candidature valid
- 2 motorcyclists killed in Dinajpur road crash
- PM receives follow-up eye treatment
- Female lawyer killed at father’s house
- M’singh city mayor Ekramul takes oath
- Minor boy’s guts come out in firework blast
- 2 litchi traders killed in Dinajpur road crash
- Woman commits suicide killing 2 children
- Motorcyclist killed in Manikganj road crash
- Papua New Guinea PM Peter O`Neill resigns
- Two killed as covered van hits pickup
- England, Australia to play WC Warm Up today
- Boro paddy procurement drive begins in Narail
- Shakib on the brink of another milestone
- Mozammel to join Modi’s oath ceremony
- Iraq sentences 3 Frenchmen to death
- All News »
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- Boro paddy procurement drive begins in Narail
- Adventurous operation BEKPA-2 (Episode-1) under Captain Touquir
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Taylor, Williamson lead NZ to beat India
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- PM inaugurates Panchagarh Express
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- 29 fake question leakers held in Satkhira
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- Highest power generation recorded
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Mango bean to control diabetes
- Archer named in England World Cup squad
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized
- 4 of a family killed in gas cylinder blast