Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor
Published: 02:56 PM, 19 April 2019 Updated: 03:32 PM, 19 April 2019
The Crime Investigation Department’s (CID) Organized Crime Unit of the Police has been investigating whether there are money transactions for covering the murder incident of madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi.
CID has started working to find out if there is any illegal transaction to divert or covering the murder by illegal money transactions, or who are involved in these transactions.
On Friday morning, Senior Assistant Superintendent of Police (CID) Sharmin Jahan confirmed the news to the media.
Sharmin Jahan said, “We have received complaints that money has been traded for the murder. CID will investigate the allegations. If money is really transacted, then the money-grantor will be found out.”
Earlier, there was a complaint of sexual harassment of madrasa student Nusrat against the principal Siraj Ud-Daula. Nusrat’s mother Shirin Akhter filed a case with Sonagazi Police Station on March 27. Then the police arrested the principal. Nusrat's family was threatened to lift the case.
On April 6, a group of masked youths, reported to be principal’s stooge, took Nusrat to the rooftop and set her on fire in their bid to kill her allegedly for refusing to withdraw a case filed against the principal for sexually harassing her late last month.
Five days later, on April 10, Nusrat died in the Burn Unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital. Nusrat’s brother filed a case against Madarasa principal Siraj Ud-Daula in this incident.
Nusrat was buried at the family graveyard of North Charchandia village in Sonagazi municipality after autopsy.
Police and PBI have arrested 18 people so far in this case. Among them, Principal SM Siraj Ud-Daula, councilor Maksud Alam, teacher Abchar Uddin, classmates Ariful Islam, Noor Hossain, Kefayet Ullah Jony, Mohammad Alauddin, Shahidul Islam, Siraj's niece Umme Sultana Poppy, Jabed Hossain, Jubair Hossain, Nur Uddin, Shahadat Hossain, Md. Shamim, Kamrun Nahar Moni, Jannatul Afroz and Shariful Islam alias Sharif and Hafez Abdul Kader.
Of these, four have given confessional statements in court. In the statement, they confessed that they had set Nusrat on fire by the instruction of Siraj Ud-Daula. PBI has arrested those involved in the incident on the basis of their confession.
- BCB announces Tk 30,000 for each non-contracted DPL players
- Finnish citizen becomes senseless falling from rickshaw in Sylhet
- Coronavirus cases in US increasing rapidly
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 5 Bangladeshis test coronavirus positive in Germany
- HSC candidate under isolation in Madaripur
- Traffic police closed over misconduct with rickshaw puller
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- Be professional: IGP to police
- Global coronavirus deaths top 28500
- Deer roaming on empty streets
- DMP to distribute food 2,500 destitute people daily
- Youth died at isolation not affected by coronavirus
- Adviser spotted running away after Boris’s coronavirus diagnosis
- NU postpones all exams
- WHO testing coronavirus drugs
- Ban on all flights extended till Apr 7
- Natore hat sees huge crowd amid coronavirus epidemic
- 24 Bangladeshis died of coronavirus globally
- Gazipur plastic factory fire doused
- IEDCR states rules of using PPE
- WASA-City Corporations disinfecting Dhaka jointly
- I’m sorry, some people will die: Brazil’s President
- Healthy Mint Lassi to ease heat
- People coming out to know what’s lockdown?
- 301 new overseas-returnees home-quarantined in Khulna
- 4 traders fined over price hiking
- Pharmacist daughter, her father die from corona within 24 hrs
- US Lab unveils portable 5-minute coronavirus test
- $300,000 ADB grant for Bangladesh to fight corona
- All News »
- 40 more building under ‘lockdown’ in Mirpur
- Coronavirus: 147 new deaths reported in a hour, infected 3,45,289 (update list)
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 13,000
- Corona death surging to 19000
- Coronavirus: Deaths 11,402; cases 276,125 (Update List)
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Coronarvirus infection climbed to .38 million globally (update list)
- Former Real president dies from coronavirus
- WHO suggests Bangladesh to declare lockdown
- Doctor who spread rumors over corona detained
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- All govt-private institutions closed until April 4
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- Corona claims two in Bangladesh; 24 infected
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- One more dies of coronavirus in Bangladesh
- 100 new ICUs being opened
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- Italy records 793 deaths in a day
- Actress` elope with director
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Shwapna Bhowmick developed 4 lakh PPE for doctors-nurses
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- Coronavirus: Mirpur`s building under lockdown
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Nationwide shops declared shut till Mar 31
- North Korea fires two ballistic missiles
- Remedy for coronavirus found!