Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
Published: 03:34 PM, 22 August 2019 Updated: 03:35 PM, 22 August 2019
A colleague has given a confessional statement to the court over the murder of Nurse Bilkis in Kumarkhali, Kushtia. According to his statement, the nurse was killed for “triangle extra-marital affair.”
In a statement issued in court on Wednesday afternoon, Jashim, Bilkis’s colleague and also a lover of her, said Bilkis had deep relationships with him and another colleague named Ujjal. “All three of them worked at the same company,” he told to the court.
“Bilkis, Jashim, and Ujjal worked in the same company. Due to this, Bilkis had a dispute with Jashim. In view of that Jashim took Bilkis for a walk at Jagati Cannelpar,” said Jahangir Alam, officer-in-charge (OC) of Kumarkhali Police Station.
“There at one point of argument, Jashim struck Bilkis. When Bilkis died of the injury, he packed her body in a sack and dumped in the water,” he also said.
Read More: Nurse’s packed body found in Kumarkhali
“Jashim was taken to Kushtia court on Wednesday afternoon. Later, he gave a confessional statement over the murder in the court under section 164. He was later sent to jail,” OC Jahangir added.
Earlier on Tuesday morning, police recovered the body of Bilkis from Badhbazar Kanchanpur Basher Sako area in Chapra UP. Bilkis worked as a nurse at Doctors Lab and Private Hospital of City Hospital intersection.
Her husband Rabiul Islam filed a case with Kumarkhali Police Station. Police arrested Jasim Uddin, a resident of Kaburhat, Kushtia.
- Minni’s trip to Dhaka Saturday
- Tohura star as Bangladesh draw 2-2 with Australia
- ‘Alpha’ to represent Bangladesh in Oscar
- VC Nasir’s one-day tea bill Tk 40,000!
- Fishers’ pleasure of repay dues
- Nusrat murder accused Moni gave birth in prison
- Bangladesh take on Yemen in AFC U-16 Championship tomorrow
- Milan Fashion: J-Lo struts updated jungle dress at Versace
- Dananjaya suspended for illegal action
- Simeone - `I`m not interested` in Griezmann reports
- Housewife dies of dengue in Barishal
- £6bn UK aid for Bangladesh, other climate victim countries
- KCC to get modern slaughterhouse soon
- Pea-flour to prevent dandruff-hair fall
- Huge asteroid narrowly missed Earth; NASA reveals
- Two cases filed against Firoz
- Anti-Sisi protests break out in Egypt
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Millions march against climate change
- US to send troops, equipment to Saudi Arabia
- BSMRSTU closed over student unrest
- Heat wave may abate from some places
- Zuckerberg nixes Trump’s idea of breaking up Facebook
- Madrasa student goes missing at tourist spot
- Ranu had several lovers, director leaked
- PM reaches Abu Dhabi
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- 448 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque last week
- Tigers face Afghans this evening
- 113 UK MPs criticized Israeli apartheid policy
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?