Nur elected VP, Rabbani GS, Saddam AGS
Published: 09:56 AM, 12 March 2019 Updated: 10:56 AM, 12 March 2019
Quota reform movement leader Nurul Haq Nur was elected vice-president (VP) while Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) general secretary Golam Rabbani won the post of general secretary (GS) and Saddam Hussain assistant general secretary (AGS) of Dhaka University Central Students' Union (Ducsu) in Monday’s elections.
Chief Returning Officer Professor Mahfuzur Rahman announced the results from Nawab Ali Chowdhury Senate Bhaban of Dhaka University around 3:20 am on Tuesday, in the presence of Vice Chancellor and Pro-Vice Chancellor of the University.
According to the results, Nur secured 11,062 votes while his nearest rival candidate Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) leader Rezwanul Haque Chowdhury Shovon bagged 9,129 votes.
Eight among nine secretary posts went to candidates from BCL panel.
The winners from the BCL panel are - Freedom Fighters Affairs Secretary Saad bin Kader, Science and Technology Secretary Arif Ibn Ali, Common Room and Cafeteria Secretary BM Lipi Akter, International Affairs Secretary Shahrima Tanjima Arni, Literature Secretary Mazharul Kabir Shawon, Cultural Secretary Asif Talukder, Sports Secretary Shakil Ahmed Tanvir and Students Transport Secretary Shams e Noman.
Akhter Hossain from quota reform movement panel won the post of Social Services Post.
The 13 elected members are Yashio Sangma Chibol, Nazrul Islam, Rakibul Hasan, Rakibul Islam Oitijjo, Tanvir Hasan Saikot, Raisa Naser, Sabrina Eti, Nipu Islam Tanni, Saiful islam Rasel, Tilottama Sikder, Farida Parvin, Mahmudul Hasan and Md Rafiqul Islam Sabuj.
Nur is a student of English department of the university, sesion 2013-2014. He is a joint convener of Bangladesh General Students’ Rights Protection Council, which led the protests for reforms in the quota system in government jobs in 2018.
- Housewife`s body recovered from Chikli River
- Reckless Green Line takes woman`s life
- Bangladesh wins 3 bronze in International Biology Olympiad
- AL will compete in Ershad’s seat
- DU students to stage demo tomorrow
- Govt appoints 70 DAGs
- Ferries not to carry truck during Eid
- Two bodies recovered in Pabna
- Muri Paddy makes farmer happy
- Hajj 2019: Multi-Storey tents in Mina for first time ever!
- Aush-Amon flooded in Moulvibazar
- Emotional Patrick Stewart unveils new Star Trek
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- Law minister doesn’t consider Priya’s statement as seditious offence
- BJP politician downs Darwin’s theory of evolution
- No action to be taken hastily against Priya Saha: Quader
- 7 including 4 cops killed in dual blast in Pakistan
- WhatsApp: Security & privacy
- Tractor rams motorcyclist in Dinajpur
- Fire at Banani multi-storey building again
- Eating burger links chronic diseases!
- Hammerhead shark found first-ever
- Court denies bail for Minni
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- HM Ershad passes away
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- How to get HSC result
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc