Number of empty beds in Dhaka’s COVID hospitals
Published: 02:08 PM, 29 April 2021
The second wave of pandemic coronavirus (Covid-19) is now underway which increases the number of deaths as well as infections. To tackle this situation, 56 out of a total of 247 ICU beds are currently empty in 13 COVID Dedicated Government Hospitals in Dhaka.
An official statement on Wednesday night said the beds were empty as many patients had recovered and left the hospital.
Currently, there are 7,972 Covid General Beds and 453 Covid ICU beds empty in hospitals across the country.
Meanwhile, hospital sources said that the total number of COVID dedicated general beds in 8 divisions at the moment is 12,260 and the total number of ICU beds is 1,069.
It is mentioned in the information statement that out of the total number of 5,539 general beds – 3102 beds are empty, out of 759 ICU beds – 326 beds are empty in 26 Dhaka metropolitan hospitals (13 are government and 13 are private).
Statistics on the number of beds in 13 COVID dedicated government hospitals in Dhaka show that –
- 218 of 705 beds of Dhaka Medical (DMCH) are empty, but no ICU beds are available.
- 230 general beds of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) – 100 beds and 8 of the 20 ICU beds are empty.
- Of the 300 general beds at Kurmitola General Hospital – 22 beds are empty, but no ICU beds are available.
- 360 beds of the Mugda General Hospital – 216 are empty and one ICU bed is available out of 19 beds.
- Kuwait Friendship Hospital has 101 empty beds out of 169 general beds and 5 ICUs out of 26.
- Of the 174 general beds at Sheikh Russel Gastroliver Hospital – 98 general beds and 7 out of 16 ICU beds are empty.
- 180 general beds of 288 beds and 2 out of 10 ICU beds are currently empty at Shaheed Suhrawardy Hospital.
- Government Employee Hospital has 65 empty general beds out of 94 and 3 out of 6 ICU beds are empty.
- Of the 485 general beds in Rajarbagh Police Hospital – 356 and 15 ICU beds are empty.
- Infectious Diseases Hospital in Mohakhali has eight empty beds out of 10 general beds.
- Of the 137 general beds in NICVD Hospital – 123 are empty.
- TB Hospital has 185 empty general beds out of 200 with 4 empty ICU beds.
- DNCC Hospital in Mohakhali has 77 empty general beds out of 200 and 17 empty ICU beds of 100.