Now water price also increased
Published: 08:05 PM, 28 February 2020
After the increase in the price of electricity, the price of water has also increased.
Tk 11.57 per thousand liters of residential water supplied by Dhaka Wasa has been increased by Tk 14.46 and Tk 37.4 per thousand liters of commercial water has been increased by Tk 40.
The Chattogram WASA has fixed the Tk 9.92 per thousand liters of residential water to Tk 12.40 and Tk 27.56 per thousand liters of commercial water has been fixed at Tk 30.30.
The price of water was increased on Wednesday by the office order signed by Mohammad Said-ur-Rahman, deputy secretary of the local government department.
The price will be effective from April 1.
WASA authorities say a large part of the cost of running pumps goes to electricity. The decision to increase the water price has taken as the electricity and gas prices were increased for running pumps.
- Coronavirus killed nearly 60,000
- COVID-19 claims 766 more in Italy
- Hungry dogs become dangerous, killed 4 deer
- Actor Javed hospitalised
- Ctg coronavirus patient’s house locked down
- 9 shops-school gutted in Tangail fire
- Three houses locked down in Bogura
- Mim takes responsibility of 500 families in Rajshahi
- Overseas returnee dies from respiratory problem
- Fuel prices surges amid Russia-Saudi optimistic deal
- Antiparasitic drugs can destroy coronavirus in 48 hrs: Study
- Journo extends help for 2,000 families
- 34 home quarantined individuals’ sample collected in Cumilla
- First coronavirus patient identified in Ctg
- A TV journalist contracted corona, 47 people in quarantine
- Six-week-old baby dies of coronavirus
- Coronavirus death toll tops 55,000
- RAB distributes relief to more than 500 families
- Coronavirus: Who are most infected in Bangladesh?
- No HSC exams in April!
- Voluntary lockdown at Dayarampur
- Deceased man in Shariatpur wasn’t COVID-19 patient, lockdown cancelled
- Rashford provides food to 6 lakh children
- Coronavirus death toll surges 54 thousand
- New Zealand`s Bangladesh tour in doubt
- No wage cut for cricketers, BCB to pay full salaries
- Vaccine for COVID-19 tested in mice
- Bancharampur govt officer tested negative for coronavirus
- 2500 Bangladeshis stuck in India will return after lockdown
- UNO appears with foods after tokai’s phone
- All News »
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- N Korea fires missiles amid coronavirus outbreak
- England plans to return field by early May
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- I’m sorry, some people will die: Brazil’s President
- False belief that toxic methanol fights coronavirus kills 300 in Iran
- Thai King self-isolates with harem of 20 women!
- Kurmitola Hospital to treat coronavirus patients only
- 5 killed, 11 injured as truck falls into ditch in Tangail
- 4 held in Saudi for claiming corona is ‘punishment from Allah’
- Edu Minister for continue students’ studies at home
- Comedian Ken Shimura died of coronavirus
- Army to go tough from today
- No new coronavirus case detected in last 24 hrs: IEDCR
- Corona epidemic: Spain record 821 more deaths in a day
- Coronavirus case rises to 49 in country
- Construction work of Akij’s corona hospital resumed
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000