‘Not in Rangpur, Ershad to be buried in Dhaka’
Published: 12:20 PM, 16 July 2019 Updated: 12:21 PM, 16 July 2019
Jatiya Party chairman Hussain Muhammad Ershad
Jatiya Party’s Rangpur leaders and activists demanded to bury party chairman Hussain Muhammad Ershad in his own constituency Rangpur. In the meantime, they even dug graves in Litchi Garden of Pallinibash, Ershad’s house in Rangpur.
However, his brother GM Quader said that Hussain Muhammad Ershad will be buried at the Army graveyard in Banani, not in Rangpur.
Ershad’s body is currently in Rangpur. Hussain Mohammad Ershad’s coffin left Dhaka from Tejgaon Airport for Rangpur at 10:30 am on Tuesday by helicopter. The helicopter reached Rangpur around 11:00 am.
Jatiya Party chairman GM Quader, son of Hussein Muhammad Ershad, Rahgir Al Mahi Saad Ershad, Jatiya Party general secretary Mashiur Rahman Ranga, former secretary general ABM Ruhul Amin Hawladar, Presidium member Syed Abu Hossain Babla, Major (retd) Khaled Akhter, Azam Khan, ATU Taj Rahman, and Shafiqul Islam Sentu were on the helicopter.
Fourth namaz-e-janaza of Hussein Muhammad Ershad is scheduled to be held at the Rangpur Eidgah ground after Zuhr prayer. Later, his coffin will be brought to Dhaka by helicopter. He is supposed to be buried at the graveyard of the Bangladesh Army.
But Rangpur Mayor and Jatiya Party Presidium member Mostafizar Rahman Mustafa has announced that they will keep Ershad’s body at Rangpur at any cost.
After the burial of Ershad in Banani cantonment graveyard, the general leaders of the party cannot easily pay tribute to his grave, he said.
Later, they dug a grave at the house of Ershad in Rangpur’s Pallinibash. It is said by the leaders of Rangpur that Ershad himself wanted to be buried at Pallinibash.
Before leaving Ershad’s coffin for Rangpur, Jatiya Party Acting Chairman GM Quader said, “According to his last will, he will be buried at the Army Graveyard at Banani. Though his cemetery in the cantonment area, anyone can go there anytime.
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- PM to inaugurate `Gangchil` on Thursday
- Empty classrooms as some schools re-open in Kashmir
- Easy loan for idea innovators
- Peya Bipasha in new film
- Huawei gets 90 more days
- Man commits suicide after being raped in Gazipur
- Aklima`s husband & father-in-law dies
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- Indian foreign minister Jaishankar in Dhaka
- Dolphins goes extinct day by day
- BFF set to start world cup practice on Friday
- 5% VAT on ride-sharing companies
- Easy ways to clean the stomach
- Death toll crossed thousand in India
- BNP to complain to UN losing country`s support
- Sujon: New Star of Dhallywood!
- Eight grader raped by principal
- `Allah’r Dal` targets fired Pilkhana men
- 20 killed after fuel tanker explosion in Uganda
- Coast fishermen waiting for fish
- Chatku Ahmed losing eyesight!
- I want interactions with everyone: PM
- A new milestone for Purnima
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- Magical use of Ghee for skin & hair
- ‘Mongla Port Authority Act’ draft approves
- HC seeks SP’s remarks over Minni’s confession
- T-Aman seedbed prepared on 100 acres in Gaibandha
- Man dies of dengue in Mymensingh
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019