Nonstop train on Dhaka-Benapole route July 25
Published: 04:00 PM, 2 July 2019
Nonstop train services are being introduced on the Benapole-Dhaka route for the convenience of passengers traveling to India. It is known that Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate this train before Eid-ul-Azha.
With a total of 900 seats, this train will have 12 coaches. These modern coaches have been brought from Indonesia. The train will reach Benapole in just 7.5 hours from Dhaka, said railway authority.
A trial of the train has already done for the new route. An engineer of the Railway (Western Region) said that the trial of the train was completed around 80-kilometer speed from Pirganj to Thakurgaon on Wednesday (June 26) with 17 broad-gauge coaches.
“The decision was taken to inaugurate the train on July 25. The work is going on accordingly,” said Benapole station master Mohammed Saiduzzaman.
“The AC waiting room in Benapole station is being renovated for passengers. But this train has not been named yet. Initially, three names have been fixed- Benapole Express, Bondor Express, and Ichamati Express. Prime Minister will choose any of these names,” he also said.
Railway sources said that the train will leave Dhaka at 12:30 pm and will reach Benapole on next morning around 8:00 am. Then the train will again depart from Benapole for Dhaka at 11:30 pm.
Initially, the new Non-AC Chair Coach of this train with modern facilities is Tk 500 and AC Chair Coach is Tk 1000. And the AC cabin rental is Tk 1,200. Besides, 10 percent additional for nonstop services.
With the introduction of direct rail communication between Dhaka and Benapole, there will be a great deal of business as well as passport passenger services. Every day 6000-7000 passport passengers travel in India from remote areas of the country. Most of these passengers came from Dhaka. Most of these passengers come from Dhaka. Traffic crisis from Benapole and traffic congestion in Daulatdia-Paturia Ferry Ghat caused passengers to suffer a lot of harassment. If the train starts, the sufferings will be reduced.
Benapole C&F Agent president Mofizur Rahman Sajan said, “If the railways on the Dhaka-Benapole route is introduced, then not only Benapole, but the entire country will be benefited.”
“Our dreams will be successful through launching trains directly on Benapole-Dhaka route this month,” said Motiar Rahman, Chairman of the Import and Export Sub-Committee of Bangladesh Land Transport Chamber Commerce.
The 38th intercity train will be added to Bangladesh Railway before the Eid. Panchagarh-bound ‘Panchagarh Express’ was added last time before the last Eid. Earlier, on the Dhaka-Rajshahi route, ‘Banalata Express’ was launched.
- Issues that will be discussed during Jayashankar’s visit
- Gibraltar rejects US request
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- 2 dead, 3 missing after boat sinks in Jamuna