None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
Published: 10:13 PM, 18 July 2019 Updated: 10:14 PM, 18 July 2019
Barguna's Rifat killing murder is one of the most widely discussed issue of the country now. This case is on the turning while the No. 1 witness and the wife of murdered Rifat Sharif, is being the number one accused. But complaints on behalf of Minni’s father has been risen that, no lawyer is agree to provide legal support to Minni, although he has asked for help to three or more lawyers in the court. Even some lawyers has stayed absent the court after assuring to providing legal assistance to Minni. Her families thinks that, this situation has been made fillowing the ill triumph of Barguna-1 MP Dhirendra Debnath Shamvu's son, Sunam Debnath.
But, Sunam Debnath the MP’s son has denied the issue. On the day after the murder of Rifat, he requested to not give legal help to the accused on Facebook. On Monday, July 13, murdered Rifat Sharif’s father Dulal Sharif held a press conference against Minni demanding to bring her under the legal procedure as an accused of the case. The next day on July 14, a human chain in front of the at the Barguna Press Club observed demanding immediate arrest of Minni
Advocate Distinguished Debnath spoke in the human chain. Two days later, police arrested Minni on July 16. The next day on 17th July, Minni was produced in court and remand was asked in this regard.
Meanwhile, Minn's father Mozammel Hossain asked some lawyers seeking legal help for his daughter. But none agree with it. Minni's father Mozammel Hossain Kishore said, "I have not received any response even I have reached to many lawyers."
They said that we are under pressure from the council (advocates association), we cannot stand for your daughter.
Finally, after many requests, Advocate Ziauddin, Golam Sarwar Nasir and Advocate Mostafa Quader agreed, but they were absent in court, finally.
He complained that “None has given legal help to my daughter because ruling party power and influential managed the lawyers.
When contacted, Advocate Ziauddin said, “Minni's father wanted legal help from me. I also told him to provide legal assistance. I could not provide legal assistance to Minnie because I did not get the required papers.” Asked if anyone had forbidden, he said, “We did not receive any such instruction from the lawyers association.”
Barguna District Lawyers Association's general secretary Advocate Mahbubul Bari Aslam said, "We have not made any decision like that, we will not provide any kind of legal help to the accused in this case." Judicial legal assistance can be obtained through Legal Aid, although some one doesn’t hire a lawyer. Besides, it is not possible to appoint a lawyer in many cases, if it is under investigation of the court. In that case the court examines him. I do not know if Mozammel Hossain asked for any legal help on behalf of his daughter Minni. If someone stayed absent in the court after giving him an assurance, then we will certainly take charge.
On 26th March, after the killing of Rifat Sharif, a member of the Barguna District Bar Association, Advocate Sunaman Debnath, posted a post requesting no legal aid to those involved in the killing of Rifat, on Facebook. Lawyer, who was affected by the post, did not provide legal aid to Minnie, the complaint was made by the citizen and the Minni's family.When asked whether he had influenced the post of Minni without giving legal assistance, Devnath said, “While posting that status, Minini was the first witness in the case. We requested the policy decision not to provide legal assistance to those involved in the incident. That does not mean that no one will be able to assist the accused or have the obligation. I do not hold any of the post of the lawyer association that I will order. This is nothing but a political propaganda against me.”
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future