Nomination for Jamaat, but not war criminals: Nazrul
Published: 12:46 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 01:16 PM, 29 November 2018
Nazrul Islam Khan, head of the BNP's Election Managing Committee also a member of Standing Committee, said that no nomination will be given to the war criminals although Jamaat-e-Islami may be given nomination in the upcoming 11th parliamentary elections.
He said this at a press conference held at BNP's central office in Nayapaltan on Thursday morning.
Meanwhile, he said there are many freedom fighters in Jamaat-e-Islami. BNP will not nominate any war criminal in the parliament elections.
He said, “Awami League wants to sit in power through another fake election January 5”. He also said that the empty voted government has been campaigning for the transgression of putting in the jail through false cases against BNP activists. BNP leaders and workers are not provided treatment although they are ill in jail. During this Awami regime, many BNP leaders and activists including former Dhaka Divisional Co-organizing Secretary and former MP Nasir Uddin Ahmed Pintu died in jail due to lack of Medicare.”
He said another victim of this kind of cruel death in Gazipur jail yesterday was the leader of the Tejgaon Nationalist Chhatra Dal, Abdullah Al Tamim.
The BNP leader also said that the ruling party candidates have not been picking up the electoral code of conduct in Narsingdi like the country for the upcoming national elections. A false case filed against The BNP joint secretary general and the Narsingdi district BNP president Khairul Kabir Khokon and conspiracy to keep him away from the elections.
At 10 pm, Adabar Thana BNP Organizing Secretary Kamal was picked up by white robes, but they have not given any details so far. Despite repeated contact with the law enforcers, they deny the detention of Kamal. He complained that this is the government’s ongoing disappearance and abduction conspiracy.
BNP senior joint secretary-general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi Ahmed and BNP leader were present.
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future