Nobel becomes point of debate
Published: 11:40 AM, 3 August 2019
Saragamapa is the most popular music reality show in West Bengal of India. In the last session, Bangladeshi boy Mainul Ahsan Nobel has nominated the 2nd runner up. But he gained the popularity in both Bengal a long ago before his result. But this time, the popularity is to be lost to criticism.
About a year ago Noble faced an interview. On that interview, he said that instead of Rabindranath’s ‘Amar Shonar Bangla’, ‘Bangladesh’ by James in Prince Mahmud’s lyrics is more likable to be the National Anthem of Bangladesh. This statement has brought him criticism.
People of both Bengal couldn’t accept such a statement about Rabindranath’s song. Besides, still, he didn’t give any lifting statement following the matter.
On the other hand, the Bengali version of India's Z news media has made their headline- ‘Rabindrtanath’s song is Not-likable to Nobel as the national anthem.’ According to the news, Nobel thought Rabindranath Tagore's song can mean a lot in the metaphorical sense of national anthem, but Prince Mahmood's song more than ever captures the emotions of the people of Bangladesh. Even Noble claimed, once a procession also took place in Dhaka University demanding the song of Prince Mahmud as National Anthem.
Kolkata News 18 has been titled, ‘Humiliating Rabindranath for the national anthem of Bangladesh, Nobel in New Debate.’ It said, through Saregampa Nobel of Bangladesh is now a well-known name in Bengal. Even Nobel got a big break in the 'Vinci Da' film created by Srijit Mukherjee.
A lot of audiences from both Bengal have been fascinated by his song. But, this Nobel has made the mistake in an interview statement. In many times Noble performed James' song in Prince Mahmud’s lyrics at the Saregamapa’s stage. The song ‘Bangladesh’ also among them. The debate raised that, through those performances, he indirectly tried to indicate his claim.
Ananda Bazar Newspaper headlined 'Nobel in Debate'. They quoted Nobel’s statement, “Prince Mahmud's song 'Bangladesh' more clearly describes the history, traditions of my country than the song 'Sonar Bangla' written by Rabindranath Tagore. Students of Dhaka University demanded that the song be given the status of the national anthem. I obey that too.”
Meanwhile, many people on social media are expressing anger on Nobel for such controversy. In addition, many people on Facebook are also unfollowing Nobel. However, the singer is still silent after all these.
- ‘Pak PM expressed concern over possible nuclear war with India
- Annie Silverstein’s ‘Bull’ wins top prize at Deauville
- Tigers lost to Afghans again!
- Rohingyas demand citizenship to return home
- Pak singer Robi jailed over comment ‘Narendra Modi must go to hell’
- Rule enacted for officials’ presence in PM’s state tours
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- White House: A monstrous residence
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Hasina-Modi talks in Delhi Oct 5
- Tigers again in Afghan trouble
- Govt targets $50 bn in textile export
- Viqarunnisa gets new principal
- FM wants to keep trust in India
- Tigers lose 4 early targeting 165
- Plus-size beauty activist, Youtuber Nabela Noor in Dhaka
- Shinning days back in-house cow farm
- Injection to increase fairness!
- Airstrike kills 52 Taliban in Afghanistan
- Tips to have long-dense beard
- Saifuddin-Shakib turned 4 Afghans
- Joy-Lekhak pledge restore BCL status
- Time limit for Ins companies declared again
- Benefits of reciting Holy Qur’an
- Rituparna in Dhaka to make ‘Jam’!
- Police must try to gain trust of masses: PM
- DMP boss’ utmost importance on service for mass people
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Cumilla road crash
- HC directs hiring drivers on monthly salary basis
- Power outage at secretariat
- All News »
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Sundarbans; a serene beauty
- `No alternative to capacity building to tackle cyber attack`
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Ancient Greek: Origin of Culture and Civilization
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- Putin warned before 9/11 Twin-Tower attack
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Pakistan’s first female astronaut welcomed ISRO
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- Importance of ‘Fasting on Ashura’
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Gazipur hotel blast, probe committee formed
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Man accused in 6 cases killed in M’singh gunfight
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS