No room for anti-liberation forces in AL: Quader
Published: 10:43 PM, 10 December 2019
Awami League (AL) General Secretary Obaidul Quader today called upon the local leaders and workers not to give any room to anti-liberation forces and their successors in the party.
“There will be no room for anti-liberation forces, terrorists, extortionists and corrupt people in the Awami League committees,” he told the first session of the triennial council of Khulna district and city units Awami League (AL) at historic circuit house parade-ground here.
Quader, also Road Transport and Bridges Minister, said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has started anti-graft drives inside the party aiming to form committees with energetic and devoted workers.
He said grassroots leaders and workers are the heart of the Awami League as they stayed with the party in its well and woes.
The AL general secretary said the court has given sentence to BNP Chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia so she must get release through the court.
The government will take stern actions if BNP carries out anarchy in the name of movement for Khaleda’a release, he added.
Quader said Bangladesh has become a role model of development under the dynamic leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
There is no alternative to Awami League to continue the current flow of development, he said.
He also announced a bundle development projects for greater Khulna which are waiting for getting approval of the ECNEC.
The development projects include Khulna-Mongla – six lane 37 km roads at a cost of Taka 3,600 crore, setting up a bridge on the river Bhairab at a cost of Taka 617 crore, a bridge on the river Jhapjhapia at a cost of Taka 578cr, a bridge on the river Chunkuri at a cost of Taka 577 crore.
A 32 km Bagerhat-Mongla road construction project will be implemented involving at a cost of Tk 471 cr, he said, adding Tk 478 cr roads development projects of Road and Highways (R & H) department are being implemented in greater Khulna.
Awami League (AL) Presidium Member Pijush Kanti Bhattacharya inaugurated the council by hoisting national flag while Bagerhat-1 constituency lawmaker Sheikh Helal Uddin addressed the function as the guest of honor.
Prime Minister’s Economic Affairs Adviser Dr Mashiur Rahman, State Minister for Labour and Employment Begum Monnujan Sufian, AL Joint Secretaries Mahbub-ul-Alam Hanif, MP, and Abdur Rahman, MP, Organizing Secretary Abu Sayeed Al Mahmud Sawpan, Sheikh Salahuddin Jewel, MP, Sheikh Sarhan Naseer Tonmoy, MP, AL leaders SM Kamal, Mirza Azam, MP, Gloriya Jharna, MP, Naryan Chandra Chanda, MP, Abdus Salam Murshedi, MP and Akteruzzaman Babu, MP, among others, also spoke.
President of district unit of AL and chairman of Khulna Zilla Parishad Sheikh Harun-ur-Rashid chaired the function.
President of Khulna city unit of AL and KCC Mayor Talukder Abdul Khalek delivered the welcome address and general secretary of city unit AL Mizanur Rahman Mizan and acting secretary of district unit AL advocate Sujit Adhikari conducted the council.
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- Atiqul unveils election manifesto
- Cold wave may abate in next 24 hours
- Mask-hand sanitizer sever crisis in China
- Chinese physicians in treatment-war amid coronavirus scary
- PM opens several uplift schemes
- 31 killed in Madagascar torrential rains
- 2 Bangladeshis receive Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri awards in India
- 30 killed in Brazil floods and landslides
- Tabu gets 3 cr bucks for 15 minutes!
- Husband’s name ‘Hospital’ in voter list; wife becomes senseless
- 2 killed as truck rams auto in M’singh
- Mango buds in advance spring
- Barca beaten by Valencia in early blow for Setien
- Death toll climbed to 31 in Turkey quake-aftershock
- Facebook notification stopped
- International Customs Day today
- Real Madrid, Juventus, Man City, Man United to play today
- Car loaded with drugs sold at police auction
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 56 in China
- 31 fishermen murder accused killed in gunfight
- Hearing on writ seeking stay city polls today
- Myanmar army kills 2 Rohingya pregnant women
- Humayun urges ThaiBev to jointly invest in Bangladesh
- Myanmar must abide by ICJ orders: Hasan
- Coronavirus can kill 65mn people!
- Valencia beat Setien`s Barcelona 2-0
- Atiqul to announce election manifesto tomorrow
- 1st Bangladeshi woman in US mainstream politics
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack
- Seven killed in Indonesia bridge collapse
- Facebook sorry for mistranslation of Xi Jinping’s name