DMP has asked everyone to follow these instructions:
1. No meeting, gathering or celebration on rooftops, roads, flyovers or public place.
2. No open air cultural program or function allowed.
3. Fireworks not allowed at any place.
4. Dhaka University will remain restricted for outsiders after 6:00pm.
5. Teachers and other employees of Dhaka University residing in the residential area of Dhaka University can enter the university premises through Nilkhet and Shahbag crossing after showing their ID cards.
6. People can enter Gulshan area through Kakoli crossing and Amtoli crossing, but after 6:00pm they have to show their ID cards.
7. Apart from that DMP has discouraged people who live in other areas from entering Gulshan, Banani, Baridhara and Dhaka University area.
8. After 6:00pm no one would be allowed to remain in Hatirjheel area.
9. Residents of Gulshan, Banani and Baridhara are requested to return in their respective homes before 8:00pm on December 31.
10. DMP will take measures to control narcotics. Bars would remain closed after 6:00pm.
11. City dwellers are requested not to carry any licensed arms in public places on December 31 from 6:00pm to 6:00am of January 1.