No open space New Year celebration: DMP
Published: 10:03 PM, 29 December 2018 Updated: 10:03 PM, 29 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) has issued special instruction for the celebration of New Year this year, which falls on a day after the national election.
DMP has asked everyone to follow these instructions:
1. No meeting, gathering or celebration on rooftops, roads, flyovers or public place.
2. No open air cultural program or function allowed.
3. Fireworks not allowed at any place.
4. Dhaka University will remain restricted for outsiders after 6:00pm.
5. Teachers and other employees of Dhaka University residing in the residential area of Dhaka University can enter the university premises through Nilkhet and Shahbag crossing after showing their ID cards.
6. People can enter Gulshan area through Kakoli crossing and Amtoli crossing, but after 6:00pm they have to show their ID cards.
7. Apart from that DMP has discouraged people who live in other areas from entering Gulshan, Banani, Baridhara and Dhaka University area.
8. After 6:00pm no one would be allowed to remain in Hatirjheel area.
9. Residents of Gulshan, Banani and Baridhara are requested to return in their respective homes before 8:00pm on December 31.
10. DMP will take measures to control narcotics. Bars would remain closed after 6:00pm.
11. City dwellers are requested not to carry any licensed arms in public places on December 31 from 6:00pm to 6:00am of January 1.
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh made fastest growth in Asia-Pacific region
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- Jubo League leader stabbed dead in Madaripur
- Dr Nurun Nahar made IU law dept chairperson
- Navy Chief returns home
- Selima,Tuku in BNP’s standing committee
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- England wins beating Windies
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry