No new death from coronavirus: Health Minister
Published: 12:41 PM, 3 April 2020
No death from coronavirus was reported in the last 24 hours in the country, said Health Minister Zahid Malek on Friday.
However, five more people tested positive for the deadly virus during the period, raising the total number of cases in the country to 61, the minister added.
Zahid Malek came up with the information at a regular press briefing at the office of Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) through online at around 12:15 pm.
Bangladesh has so far confirmed six deaths. Besides, 26 of the 61 coronavirus patients have recovered and returned home, said the Health Minister.
The coronavirus, that first reported in China late last year, is now affecting 203 countries and territories around the world and 2 international conveyances.
As of Friday noon, a total of 1,016,330 people have been diagnosed with the virus worldwide, as the death toll rises to 53,238 while 213,132 patients have recovered.
More than a third of the world's population is now under lockdown as an increasing number of countries implement sweeping measures to fight the coronavirus pandemic.
To stop spreading the deadly coronavirus, the Bangladesh government on March 23 declared a nationwide 10-day holiday from March 26 to April 4 shutting down the government and private offices, excepting essential and healthcare facilities. Later, the general holidays was extended till April 9.
Apart from this, all educational institutions and coaching centres across the country have been closed till April 9. All have been requested to stay-at-home during the holidays unless they have a good reason to leave their homes.
- Libya killings: Case filed against 38 people
- Biden accuses Trump of trafficking in ‘resentment and fear’
- DU goes for online classes
- 2 girls commit suicide after failing in SSC exam
- Fierce protests in US: 3 protesters killed, 5 policemen shot
- 30 more test COVID-19 positive in Faridpur
- 3 of a family killed in Sirajganj road crash
- 9 including two nurses contract COVID-19 in Shariatpur
- Another policeman dies from coronavirus
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Illegal structures on govt canal
- SP greet 10 policemen after overcoming COVID-19 in Cumilla
- Bangladesh reports 1st Rohingya death in COVID-19 infection
- 3 incl lawyer, policeman die in Ctg
- PCR lab set up in Sheikh Fazilatunnessa hospital
- 90s popular musician Biplob now a taxi driver
- Abdul Halim named BSEC commissioner
- Fire at United Hospital: HC seeks report by Jun 14
- House owner fined as Aedes larvae found in building under-const
- 10 more UP chairmen-members suspended
- ACC director Basir’s bail plea rejected
- Imran pleas for lockdown-relax
- 1.5 crore families get govt relief
- DMP replaces three asst police commissioners
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Laborer killed by overturning crane in Cumilla
- Hygiene not followed at bus terminals
- Abrar murder: Jion’s bail plea rejected
- Trade thru Bhomra land port resumes
- Gazipur reports 93 new infected cases
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Offices resume from May 31
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000