No motorcycle to ply from Tuesday night
Published: 03:20 PM, 25 February 2019
Authorities have imposed a ban on the motorcycle in the areas under Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) for three days - from Tuesday midnight to Friday midnight for the DNCC by-elections for the mayoral post.
A notification signed by the EC's Deputy Secretary Atiur Rahman was issued in this regard.
Apart from this, the authorities concerned also banned the plying of all motor vehicles in the areas from February 27 midnight to February 28 midnight.
The ban will be applicable on motor-run three-wheelers, auto-rickshaws, bike, taxi cab, microbus, jeep, pickup, car, bus, truck, tempo, and easy bike and locally made different types of vehicles driven by motor.
By-polls to DNCC mayoral post will be held on February 28. Election to councillor posts in the 36 new wards - 18 under the DNCC and 18 under the Dhaka South City Corporation - will also be held on the day.
The DNCC mayoral post fell vacant following the death of Annisul Huq on November 30, 2017. He was elected mayor on April 28, 2015.
On January 9 last year, the EC had declared the schedule of the DNCC by-polls and election in the new wards, setting February 26 for the voting day.
However, the polls were not held as the HC stayed the election schedule for six months. The court order came following filing of three writ petitions that challenged the legality of the schedule.
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Priya`s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Tamim to lead Tigers in SL tour
- PM reaches London
- Mashrafe rule out of Sri Lanka tour
- Jamuna devours over 300 houses
- Municipal services halted in Mathbaria, extreme sufferings
- Kid drowns in Gabindaganj floodwater
- AL to hold joint meeting Saturday
- Minni sent to jail
- PM to join envoys’ conference in London tomorrow
- Tendulkar inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- ‘All must come forward to destroy Aedes mosquitoes origin’
- `Study in India` fair starts in Dhaka
- Cricket is not a sport: Russia
- ICC introduces new rule on substitute player
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- Magnitude 5.5 quake jolts Bangladesh
- Humayun Ahmed alive through his speeches
- 13 human traffickers held in capital, Keraniganj
- Lilith’s trailer released
- Death toll hits 33 in Japan studio arson attack
- US sanctions on Myanmar not enough: UN
- Dengue check: DNCC skips holiday-leaves for two departs
- Truck overturned: Mother-son killed in Rohingya camp
- Rishan Farzi on five-day remand
- Expiry date, price must clear on drug: HC
- FaceApp occupies 15 crore subscribers’ gallery!
- Humanity for animal !
- Bangladeshis among 285 immigrants detained on Iran boarder
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HM Ershad passes away
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Stay alert to tackle flood: PM
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN
- How to get HSC result
- 3 more bodies recovered from Cox’s Bazar beach