No more Rohingya shelter: Foreign Secy
Published: 01:16 PM, 1 March 2019
Bangladesh has sheltered more than seven and a half million Rohingyas till now. Foreign Secretary Shahidul Haque said that it is not possible to provide shelter to any Rohingya again. News; Aljazeera
The Secretary told this while talking to the United Nations Security Council on Thursday.
Shahidul Haque said, I am very sad to inform the Security Council that Bangladesh is not in a position to provide shelter to any Rohingya refugees. Myanmar is just giving false assurances and backing down the repatriation showing many causes.
Foreign Secretary said, it was not possible to send a Rohingya back. Because there was not a safe environment for them.
British ambassador to the UN Karen Pearce said, "We are very disappointed that the situation of Rohingya's return has not yet been created.
UN envoy to Myanmar, Christine Scranton told the Security Council that the UN's access to Myanmar is limited. The Suppress over Rohingyas is one of the worst cases of this century.
At this time, the Security Council members put emphasize on the Rohingyas' voluntary and safe repatriation. However, the members of the Security Council, divided on how to deal with this crisis, Western countries have a position against Myanmar's allies Russia and China.
China's tribal ambassador Wu Haitao said that it is mainly the internal issue of Myanmar and Bangladesh. They should let them solve it. Russia's ambassador Dmitry Polyanskiy expressed his opinion supporting it.
- PM for integrated development plans
- South Africa level T20 series over Australia
- Women’s Euro 2021 to kick off at Old Trafford
- Du Preez the hero as South Africa beat England
- Experience the world with Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- 6 of same family receive burn injury in Sirajganj
- Sheikh Hasina pushes country forward, others retreat
- Malaysia to form new government!
- Fake BGB member detained in Dinajpur
- Carter Center delegation calls on Chief Information Commissioner
- Qatar expat Bangladeshi`s body found in friend`s refrigerator!
- 3 held with yaba in DU residential building
- 4 detained with phensidyl in Sirajganj
- President asks Army to get ready for supreme sacrifice
- Youth held in anti-narcotic drive in Sylhet
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- 1 detained with weed in Cumilla
- Turkey and Pakistan close borders with Iran
- Officials have to reach farmers’ doors: Abdur Razzak
- South Zone in command as Farhad hits ton
- 23 Feb golden day of Bengali nation
- 2 CoU students join SAUFEST-2020
- 5 held in anti-narcotic drive in Rangpur
- DMP detained 54 in anti-narcotic drive
- Handsome salary for less educated!
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Capital
- Youth detained with yaba in Manikganj
- 1 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- Two rookies in ODI squad
- GP pays Tk 1,000 crore to BTRC
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar