No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
Published: 07:13 PM, 25 June 2019 Updated: 07:17 PM, 25 June 2019
The BSTI authority has submitted a report to the High Court saying that there are no harmful contents found in 14 of 18 pasteurized milk brands that are available in the market.
The report was submitted to the bench comprising Justice Syed Refat Ahmed and Justice Md Iqbal Kabir in response to the writ hearing.
Lawyer Md Tanveer Ahmed was present in the court for the writ. Deputy Attorney General Qazi Zinat Haque was present for the state. Lawyer Sarkar MR Hasan (Mamun) was present for the BSTI.
At the beginning of the hearing, pasteurized milk test reports were submitted to the High Court. No harmful contents were found in 14 of 18 pasteurized milk brands. The brands are - Pura, Iron, Aarong Dairy, Farm Fresh Milk, Mo, Milk Vita, Aftab, Ultra, Tania (200ml and 500ml), Igloo, Pran Milk, Dairy Fresh, Milk Fresh and Cowhead Pure Milk.
The court adjourned the hearing proceeding of the case until next Thursday, June 27.
On May 17, 2018, news published in various newspapers titled ‘75 percent of pasteurized milk is not safe’. When these reports were brought to the court attention, the court ordered to file a writ petition. In view of this, on May 20, 2018, Lawyer Md Tanveer Ahmed filed a writ petition with the High Court.
The High Court directed the special committee formed by the Ministry of Food to submit a report on the quality of pasteurized milk brands available in the market. Morshed Ahmed, a member of the Bangladesh Food and Drug Administration, was made the convener.
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN