Moazzem produces before Cyber Crime Tribunal
Published: 01:09 PM, 17 June 2019
Moazzem Hossain, former officer-in-charge (OC) of Sonagazi Police Station in Feni, who was arrested for illegally recording a rape victim, was produced before Bangladesh Cyber Crime Tribunal on Monday noon.
Earlier, Dhaka police handed him over to Feni police this morning. Later, he was produced at the Cyber Crime Tribunal.
Shahbagh Thana police arrested Moazzem from the High Court area in the capital around 3:30 pm on Sunday, 20 days after a tribunal issued an arrest warrant against him in a case filed under Digital Security Act.
Madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi went to Sonagazi Model Police Station to file a case against Sonagazi Islamia Fazil (Degree) Madrasa Principal Sirajuddaula, on March 27, for sexually assaulting her.
But then OC Moazzem recorded a video of her statement without her consent, asking her offensive and insulting questions. The video then surfaced on various social media platforms, allegedly uploaded by Moazzem.
Supreme Court lawyer Syed Sayedul Haque Suman filed the case against Moazzem under the Digital Security Act on May 15. A tribunal issued an arrest warrant against him on May 27, after a police investigation found him guilty.
Nusrat, an Alim examinee, was set on fire by Sirajuddaula’s followers on April 6 for refusing to withdraw a rape attempt case her family had filed against him. She died from injuries four days later at the burn unit of the Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
- Moazzem produces before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- 18 killed, 29 injured in Venezuela road crash
- OC Moazzem handed over to Feni police
- Moazzem to be produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal today
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Shahid says fight with Mira can last 15 days
- Tigers take on WI a must-win WC match
- 5th phase polls in 23 UZs tomorrow
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Duas for thanking Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta`ala
- Green coconut: a little relief in heat-web
- Plastic product manufacturers for VAT withdrawal
- 6.46 lakh people live in Dhaka slums: Minister in JS
- Kuldeep’s double strike derails Pakistan’s chase
- India posted 336 against Pakistan
- `JP will loud for rights`
- India assures of cooperation to resolve rohingya crisis and Teesta deal
- Countrywide Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign June 22
- JS sitting adjourned till 3 pm tomorrow
- Areas where gas supply shut on Monday
- 136 official promoted as Joint Secretary
- FSA chair exempted from contempt charge
- `Swajan` service to prisoners
- SC cancels Hallmark chairman’s bail
- Over 40% of newly elected Indian lawmakers facing charges
- Huge crowds march call for city leader to step down
- Have you ever said to father? `Love you`
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- Class XI admission results published
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- JS budget session begins today
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Che Guevara’s 91st birth anniv today
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight