‘No event under open sky on 31st night’
Published: 08:32 PM, 12 December 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal said that no musical arrangement will be allowed under open places on the occasion of the 31st night celebration on Thursday.
“Any kind of musical arrangement under open places will not be allowed to mark the thirty-first night, across the country,” he said after a meeting at his ministry conference room over maintaining law and order during the Christmas Day and 31st night.
All kinds of musical activities and fireworks under the open sky will not be allowed between 6 pm on 31 December 2019 and 6 pm on January 1, 2020, he said, adding all bars will also remain closed during the aforesaid 24 hours.
Besides, carrying all kinds of arms will also be prohibited during the time, he said.
Talking about security arrangements ahead of the Christmas Day, Kamal said, “The government will ensure tight security at all the 3,500 churches across the country and special security arrangements will be taken at Kakrail, Mirpur, Banani along with other important churches.”
Volunteers from the Christian community will also be visible for cooperating law enforcement agencies to ensure security in observance of Christmas day, he added.
The minister said closed-circuit televisions (CCTV) and archways will be installed in different places in the countryside by side metal detectors will be used to check visitors while entering into churches.
Apart from this, the police control room will be set up and a representative from the church will make contact for police assistance.
He said that the movement of all kinds of vehicles (except vehicles carrying stickers) has been restricted on the Dhaka University campus on December 31.
Besides, security measures will be intensified in the diplomatic areas in the city, including Baridhara and Gulshan, on the occasion of Christmas Day and 31st December.
Secretary of Public Security Division Mostafa Kamal Uddin, Inspector General of Police (IGP) Dr. Mohammad Javed Patwari, Director General (DG) of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) Benazir Ahmed, Commissioner of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) Mohammad Shafiqul Islam, Christian religious leaders and officials concerned were present in the meeting.
- Two sibling among 3 electrocuted in Rayer Bazaar
- India’s SC refuses to stay Citizenship Act
- Mysterious virus: China warns against travel to Wuhan
- Bone-chilling cold in Kurigram, mercury falls to 7.2°C
- Rohingya Genocide: ICJ to announce verdict tomorrow
- Death toll hits 9 with 440 coronavirus cases: China
- 50 shops gutted in Ukhia fire
- HC bans laminated posters in city polls
- E-passport launched
- One year of losing Imtiaz Bulbul
- China’s ‘Coronavirus’ now attacks US, one died
- Demolition of BGMEA building started
- E-passport to be launched today
- Paturia-Daulatdia ferry services resume
- Naval services on Paturia-Daulatdia halted
- Copa del Rey: Barcelona to face Ibiza tonight
- BNP is a failed political party: Quader
- 2 held over ‘rape’ of girl in N’ganj
- Srijit was hot-headed before marriage: Raima
- Ishita sings with son
- 11 held with marijuana-cash in Bhairab
- Facebook to boost site safety with 1,000 more UK staff
- Tigers’ Pak T20 series rescheduled
- Newborn baby found wrapped in lungi
- No alternative to eating alone to lose weight!
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- 2 Indian soldiers killed in Kashmir gunfight
- Three-way traffic collision kills 4 in Keraniganj
- Child drowned in Faridpur
- Homemade way to blacken hair
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU
- Bus-ambulance collision kills 2 in Rangpur
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- Arrest warrant against Prothom Alo Editor
- China’s new virus likely to spread around