No alliance’s MP in new cabinet
Published: 09:30 PM, 6 January 2019 Updated: 10:12 PM, 6 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Awami League President Sheikh Hasina has chosen only her party colleagues in the new cabinet of 11th parliament. No lawmaker has been included from the likeminded political parties of the AL led grand alliance.
In 11th parliamentary elections AL attained a landslide victory last Sunday, so the AL is going to form the government for the third consecutive terms with Sheikh Hasina assuming the office for the fourth term, a record touched by none in the country’s history.
In her new cabinet, AL president Sheikh Hasina has not picked any lawmakers from her alliance partners.
The Awami League formed the government for the first time under Hasina's leadership in 1996. In that cabinet, Jatiya Party leader Anwar Hossain Manju and JSD leader ASM Abdur Rob were made ministers.
In 2008, when the AL secured absolute majority, the Jatiya Party leaders including GM Quader were given place in the cabinet in addition with Bangladesher Samyabadi Dal General Secretary Dilip Barua.
In the end of the ninth parliament, JSD Chief Hasanul Haq Inu was also included in the cabinet.
In 2014, Sheikh Hasina formed the government for the second consecutive term and she made Workers' Party President Rashed Khan Menon minister along with Inu. Apart from this, 14-party grand alliance partner Jatiya Party leaders were also made ministers and state ministers in the 10th parliament.
However, this is for the first time ever when Sheikh Hasina is going to form the government with her party colleagues only.
Cabinet Secretary Mohammad Shafiul Alam announced the names of the lawmakers to be inducted in the new cabinet. The new cabinet will be comprised of 24 ministers, 19 state ministers and 3 deputy ministers.
There have been changes in 23 ministries out of 25. Three ministers of the immediate past cabinet including Information Minister Hasanul Haq Inu, Social Welfare Minister Rashed Khan Menon and Water Resources Minister Anwar Hossain Manju were dropped. Besides JP’s Mushiour Rahman Ranga, Anisul Islam Mahmud and Md. Mujibul Haque Chunnu were also dropped from the present cabinet.
As HM Ershad-led Jatiya Party lawmakers will play the role of opposition in the parliament, they will also not be in the cabinet.
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh made fastest growth in Asia-Pacific region
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- Jubo League leader stabbed dead in Madaripur
- Dr Nurun Nahar made IU law dept chairperson
- Navy Chief returns home
- Selima,Tuku in BNP’s standing committee
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- England wins beating Windies
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry