No Mahmudullah, Mushy back for Zimbabwe Test
Published: 04:47 PM, 16 February 2020 Updated: 04:48 PM, 16 February 2020
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) announced Mominul Haque led 16-men squad for one-off Test against Zimbabwe. The experienced wicketkeeper batsman Mushfiqur Rahim has returned to the squad while veteran batsman Mahmudullah Riyad dropped.
The BCB on Sunday announced the squad with four changes from the last test against Pakistan in Rawalpindi.
Besides, Mahmudullah, Soumya Sarkar, Rubel Hossain and Al-Amin Hossain also dropped from the Test squad. Soumya is going to marry on February 28, that's why he asked BCB not to conceder him for the lone- Test against Zimbabwe.
Mehidy Hasan and Mustafizur Rahman also find a place in the squad along with Taskin Ahmed, who last played a Test in 2017. The selectors have also handed maiden call-ups to middle-order batsman Yasir Ali and medium pacer Hasan Mahmud.
Taskin made Test call up for his good bowling in BCL. Yasir Ali and Hasan Mahmood are waiting for the Test debut. The 'expert' spinners in the squad are three- Taijul, Naeem and Mehdi. Part-time spinner Yasir. The four pacers are accompanied by Ebadat, Taskin, Mustafizur and Hasan Mahmud.
BCB chief selector Minhajul Abedin Nannu said: “I believe we have selected the best possible Test team in the current situation. There is a very nice mix of experiences and potential.
"Unfortunately some players have had to get out. However, the balance and continuity aspect has been given priority. We think Mahmudullah needs a break from the red ball." said Nannu.
"Al-Amin has niggles and that's why we thought he should be given the time to be fully ready for the limited-overs matches where he is more important. Rubel is not part of our red ball plans for the moment. Soumya had applied for leave and therefore has not been considered. We think Hasan Mahmud and Yasir Ali Chowdhury have tremendous potential and they are very much part of our future plans." the chief selector added.
After starting their tour with a two-day warm-up game against BCB XI, Zimbabwe will play the only Test from February 22. The two sides will then play three ODIs and two T20Is from March 1.
Bangladesh Squad: Mominul Haque (c), Tamim Iqbal, Saif Hassan, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mohammad Mithun, Liton Das, Taijul Islam, Abu Jayed, Nayeem Hasan, Ebadat Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Mehidy Hasan, Mustafizur Rahman, Hasan Mahmud, Yasir Ali.
- 52 areas of Capital locked down
- Spain records 743 more coronavirus deaths today
- Emergency telehealth service to launch for BU students
- Coronavirus infection tops 1.4 mn; death toll surging to 80,000
- 6 families in Ctg put in quarantine
- Narayanganj lockdown
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- 170 families on voluntary lockdown in Dinajpur
- Coronavirus death toll tops 78,000
- Japan declares state of emergency amid coronavirus
- Lockdown to be extended in India
- Jagdal UP in Magura announced lockdown
- ‘Majed’s death sentence after completing formalities’
- Narsingdi coronavirus infected youth in isolation
- Wages to be paid by April 16: Commerce Minister
- RAB fined 50 for reasonless roaming in capital
- Edu institutions to remain closed till Eid holidays
- 3 houses under lockdown in Lakshmipur
- Trains to turn into hospitals in India
- 3 held with 17-kg weed in Brahmanbaria
- Farmer electrocuted to death in Mymensingh
- Youth killed in Dinajpur road crash
- IPL can hold in October-November!
- MP of Narsingdi distributes food items among 1,500 families
- 2 youths provide 7 days’ food to 150
- Ferdous living with kids separately from wife
- District council stands by 5000 families in Gazipur
- 16 samples collected from Kurigram
- FIFA U20 Women`s World Cup postponed
- UP member held with govt reliefs in Natore
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus: New symptom heart attack
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Huawei records $123 billion revenue growth in 2019
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- US experienced highest death record in a day
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus