‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
Published: 03:08 PM, 21 June 2019
Poster of the film ‘No Dorai’
The story of surfing will be screened in the Bengali film for the first time with new dreams and new determination. The surfing based film titled ‘No Dorai’ made of Chattogram’s regional language, which means ‘Do not afraid.’
Sharim Raj and model Sunerah Binte Kamal starred in the film directed by Tanim Rahman Angshu.
The poster of the film was unveiled and the trailer was released on Thursday afternoon in Star Cineplex.
The story of the film is based on a true story. About 90 percent of the film’s shooting has been done in Cox’s Bazar. The audience will hear the Chatgaiya (Chattogram) language, but it has been made so that everyone can understand.
Nasima, the country’s first woman surfer. Mainly her story will be highlighted in the film. Her social, family hurdles will also be highlighted in the film. But of course, there will many more stories. There will also be a message of- Women Advancing- in the film.
Surfing has become popular in the country. Those who surfing- have a lot of contribution- for this popularity. Those stories mainly inspired producers to make films about surfing.
Regarding the film, director Angshu said, “The shooting of the film has already been completed. The work of editing panel is also completed. The film shooting was done in Cox’s Bazar, St. Martin, Tafnaf and different locations in Dhaka.”
“‘No Dorai’ will talk about women empowerment. Our work is almost finished. Now we are preparing to submit the film to the sensor board. And we want to release ‘No Dorai’in October,” said Star Cineplex Chairman Mahbub Rahman.
“I am totally new in films. I had a hobby of acting since childhood. And that dream has completed,” said Sunerah Binte Kamal, actress of the film.
“While working on the film, the story of Nasima inspired me very much. I had to learn Chatgai Language which was really hard. I believe the audience will like the film,” she also said.
Shyamal Sengupta of Kolkata wrote the story of this film- who also wrote the story of films like ‘Bunohash’, ‘Pinky’. And the screenplay was done by him and the director Angshu.
- Four killed in Kutubdia boat capsize
- 14 gamblers-drug dealers detained in Mymensingh
- Govt to shut 3 crore illegal smartphones
- Myanmar on financial surveillance!
- Pakistan conducts successful missile test
- No high-rise buildings along sea: PM
- Coronavirus reaches Iran: report
- 450 of 1200 posts vacant
- Preparation for Dhaka-10 by-polls completed: Returning Officer
- Rape accused detained in Narayanganj
- BNP`s politics stuck in Khaleda`s illness: Hasan
- Interest of postal saving will be revisited: Kamal
- Teacher takes salary without signing attendance sheet!
- Three robbers detained in Jamalpur
- Mysterious ship washes up Irish coast
- Diamond Princess passengers disembark after quarantine ends
- 6 girls injured after tree falls in Noakhali
- FIFA cancels planed meeting due to coronavirus
- Walton to export smartphones in US
- Padma Bridge rail route being connected with Trans-Asian network
- Match officials for Bangladesh-Zimbabwe series
- TCB preparing for Ramadan
- Tomato to get immaculate skin
- Mashrafe’s farewell after BAN vs ZIM series!
- Bangladesh to take on Pakistan tomorrow
- ‘Problems can be solved by forming joint working group’
- Mehazabien comes with new look
- SC bar association polls on March 11,12
- AL local government nomination board meets today
- Video of principal’s dance in Hindi songs goes viral
- All News »
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Young Tigers to receive ‘Water Salute’ at airport
- China’s coronavirus death toll jumps to 1,113
- Soumya to get married this month
- Soumya with future wife
- Heroes return home today
- PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Good news to honey farmers
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Coronavirus: Chinese hospitals discharge 4,740 recovered patients
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Sundarbans Day today
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- Samsung unveils new foldable phone Galaxy Z Flip
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- South Africa faces England in 1st T20 today
- Integrated admission test for all public universities from now
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation