‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
Published: 03:08 PM, 21 June 2019
Poster of the film ‘No Dorai’
The story of surfing will be screened in the Bengali film for the first time with new dreams and new determination. The surfing based film titled ‘No Dorai’ made of Chattogram’s regional language, which means ‘Do not afraid.’
Sharim Raj and model Sunerah Binte Kamal starred in the film directed by Tanim Rahman Angshu.
The poster of the film was unveiled and the trailer was released on Thursday afternoon in Star Cineplex.
The story of the film is based on a true story. About 90 percent of the film’s shooting has been done in Cox’s Bazar. The audience will hear the Chatgaiya (Chattogram) language, but it has been made so that everyone can understand.
Nasima, the country’s first woman surfer. Mainly her story will be highlighted in the film. Her social, family hurdles will also be highlighted in the film. But of course, there will many more stories. There will also be a message of- Women Advancing- in the film.
Surfing has become popular in the country. Those who surfing- have a lot of contribution- for this popularity. Those stories mainly inspired producers to make films about surfing.
Regarding the film, director Angshu said, “The shooting of the film has already been completed. The work of editing panel is also completed. The film shooting was done in Cox’s Bazar, St. Martin, Tafnaf and different locations in Dhaka.”
“‘No Dorai’ will talk about women empowerment. Our work is almost finished. Now we are preparing to submit the film to the sensor board. And we want to release ‘No Dorai’in October,” said Star Cineplex Chairman Mahbub Rahman.
“I am totally new in films. I had a hobby of acting since childhood. And that dream has completed,” said Sunerah Binte Kamal, actress of the film.
“While working on the film, the story of Nasima inspired me very much. I had to learn Chatgai Language which was really hard. I believe the audience will like the film,” she also said.
Shyamal Sengupta of Kolkata wrote the story of this film- who also wrote the story of films like ‘Bunohash’, ‘Pinky’. And the screenplay was done by him and the director Angshu.
- Flood in Assam, death toll rises to 27
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN