No Coronavirus remedy made yet: WHO
Published: 12:49 PM, 6 February 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) says no effective drug has been produced so far for remedy of the deadly novel coronavirus.
On Wednesday, the WHO has dismissed the claim of china research farm of inventing remedy for the viral disease.
WHO spokesman Tariq Jasarevic said there was no specific medical treatment for the 2019-NCOV virus (Novel Coronavirus).
Researchers at Zhejiang University have found drugs to treat the disease, according to a Chinese media report. On the other hand, a group of researchers at Sky News in the UK claimed they had made "significant progress" in the discovery of the coronavirus vaccine.
However, experts say that the only way to stay safe is to avoid contact with those who have been infected or carry the virus.
Meanwhile, the death toll in Coronavirus so far has risen to 564 in China's mainland and beyond. So far, 27,378 people have been infected with the non-preventive virus in China. The total number of people infected including China, is 27,602. The virus has spread to 28 countries around the world.
- Rice selling at Tk 10 starts Sunday
- 24 hrs curfew issued in Mecca-Medina
- News of ‘exempting home rent’ is rumor
- AFC postpones 2027 Asian Cup host selection
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- City turns to ‘ghost’ town!
- UNO donates one-month salary and allowance to poor
- Real Madrid legend Benito passes away
- Child Shara donates tiffin money to poor
- Ban on mask and sanitizer export lifted
- COVID-19 death toll in Spain surges 10,000
- Coronavirus death toll in US crosses 5,113
- PM asks govt officials, employees to use mask
- Bengali drama on Coronavirus issue
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus
- Harassment in IEDCR hotline
- Govt for increase crop production to cope with coronavirus
- LGRD Minister helps 25,000 families in Cumilla
- Dhaka South Jubo League distributes food to 400 families
- 2 drug dealers arrested with 17-kg weeds
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Golfer Siddikur’s father passes away
- UNO walks to 212 beggars’ huts with food
- Madhupur youth tested negative for Coronavirus
- Sani asks Shakib about his silence
- Coronavirus: First-class cricketers donate 15-day salary
- DU to remain closed till Apr 11, Noboborsho programs postponed
- Primary class on Sangsad TV begins April 5
- Australia scientists begin test of potential COVID-19 vaccines
- Share market closed till April 11
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- England plans to return field by early May
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51