Niko case: Hearing this noon
Published: 11:39 AM, 13 January 2019 Updated: 12:43 PM, 13 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The hearing will be held on Sunday noon on the formation of allegations against BNP leader Khaleda Zia in the Nike Corruption case.
The hearing will be held in the court of Special Judge Sheikh Hafizur Rahman in the 9th Special Judge Court situated in the old Central Jail at Nazimuddin Road in the capital.
Earlier on January 3, the hearing was held. Khaleda Zia appeared before the court in wheelchair.
According to the case sources it’s learnt, the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) filed a lawsuit against five people, including former Prime Minister Khaleda Zia, for alleged financial irregularities and corruption of the state through an unacceptable agreement with Canadian firm NICO.
Former ACC assistant director Muhammad Mahbubul Alam filed a case with the Tejgaon Police Station on 9 December 2007 during the caretaker regime.
The charge sheet was filed in court against Khaleda Zia on 11 May next year. Later, the charge was formed of Tk 137.77 billion as financial losses to the state against the defendants.
Other accused in the case are BNP standing committee member Barrister Moudud Ahmed, former state minister for energy AKM Mosharraf Hossain, the then chief secretary to the prime minister Kamaluddin Siddiqui, former acting secretary Khandaker Shahidul Islam, former senior assistant secretary Syed Yousuf Hossain, former BAPEX general manager Mir Moinul Huq, former secretary of Bapex Md. Shafiur Rahman, businessman Giasuddin Al Mamun, former Bagerhat MP MAH Selim and Niko's South Asia vice-president Kashem Sharif.
In the case of Zia Orphanage Trust and Charitable Trust corruption case, Khaleda Zia was sentenced to 10 years and seven years imprisonment. Since then, she is in the old central jail located at Nazimuddin Road in old Dhaka.
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh made fastest growth in Asia-Pacific region
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- Jubo League leader stabbed dead in Madaripur
- Dr Nurun Nahar made IU law dept chairperson
- Navy Chief returns home
- Selima,Tuku in BNP’s standing committee
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- England wins beating Windies
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry