Night temperature may fall by 1-3°C
Published: 12:42 PM, 7 March 2019 Updated: 12:45 PM, 7 March 2019
Day temperature may rise slightly and night temperature may fall by (1-3) °C over the country, predicted Bangladesh Meteorological Department on Thursday.
The Met Office, in a release, also forecasted that rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty or squally wind is likely to occur at one or two places over Chattogram division in the next 24 hours ending at 9:00 am tomorrow.
Weather may remain mainly dry with temporary partly cloudy sky elsewhere over the country during the period, the release added.
Meanwhile, trough of westerly low lies over Sub Himalayan West Bengal and adjoining area while another trough of low lies over North Bay. Seasonal low lies over South Bay.
The maximum temperature was 30.2 degrees Celsius yesterday at Sayedpur in Rangpur and today’s minimum temperature was 10.0 degrees Celsius at Tentulia in the same division.
The highest rainfall in the last 24-hour as of 6:00 am today was recorded 46 mm at Cox's Bazar.
The sun sets at 6.04 pm today and rises at 6:15 am tomorrow in Dhaka city.
- 24 Rohingyas detained in Ctg
- Operations will be conducted in Chattogram too: Minister
- BIMOX 2nd edition expo-2019 begins
- ICMAB holds talks on sustainability, global reporting initiatives
- Masakadza wins Zimbabwe in outing match
- 9 m babies born in unrest part of world last yr
- RAB surrounds 3 more clubs in city
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- U-23 India series: Bangladesh lost to host by 34 runs
- PM leaves for NY to join UNGA
- Arjun Kapoor trolls Alia Bhatt
- Kalabagan Krira Chakra president Shafiqul detains
- Zim’s captain to farewell intl cricket
- Salman leaps with joy as Katrina sets IIFA 2019 stage on fire
- Why Srabanti suddenly in Dhaka?
- SBMC under teacher crisis
- Zimbabwe inept to pay hotel rent!
- World’s ‘smallest’ mosque located in Bangladesh!
- RAB surrounds Kalabagan Krira Chakra
- Afghanistan wins toss, opts to bat
- Supreme Court to rule next week on UK parliament suspension
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test tomorrow
- Elephant panic on Bakshiganj border
- 508 new dengue patients hospitalized in 24 hrs
- Casino Khaled ousted from Jubo League
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Before and after procedures of eyebrow threading
- Film Artistes’ Association polls on Oct 18
- ‘Cinescope’ launches with film festival
- Students demand BSMRSTU VC’s resignation
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- DU admission test begins
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean