Nigerian air force destroys Boko Haram’s meeting venue
Published: 08:55 PM, 21 November 2019
The Nigerian air force (NAF) said Wednesday that it has wiped out one of terror group Boko Haram’s meeting venues in the northeastern Nigerian state of Borno.
The operation by the NAF also led to the death of several Boko Haram leaders, NAF spokesperson Ibikunle Daramola said in a statement.
The operation was conducted on Tuesday following intelligence reports that some Boko Haram leaders had gathered for a meeting within a settlement, in which they also stored logistics supplies, according to the statement.
The militants were killed as they attempted to flee the location and the airstrikes also destroyed part of the settlement, Daramola said.
The NAF, according to Daramola, will continue to destroy the remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists by cooperating with surface forces.
The northeast region of Nigeria has been destabilized for over a decade by Boko Haram, which is known for its agenda to maintain a virtual caliphate in the most populous African country.
The group has launched attacks on military targets in northeastern Nigeria, killing hundreds of people and displacing thousands.
- ADB to provide US$ 540m for human resource development
- Bijoy Mela begins in Ctg
- Premier Div Chess: Saif SC, Police share top slot
- Both Challengers, Thunder upbeat to start BPL with victory
- Brazilian president hails launching of Sino-Brazilian satellite
- 18th span of Padma Bridge to be installed tomorrow
- Turkey says ready to send troops to back Libya unity govt
- What should be said while entering house
- No room for anti-liberation forces in AL: Quader
- HC summons Sakhipur UNO, OC
- Int’l badminton tournament dedicating to Bangabandhu begins
- Two children drown in Kurigram
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- ECNEC okays 7 projects
- BBPL will miss Shakib: Russell
- Kamal urges all to engage more in tax, VAT payment
- 1mn more jobs in ICT sector within 5 yrs: Palak
- Enjoy BPL in 10 countries apart from Bangladesh
- NASA chief gets latest look at new moon rocket
- Miraz braces for two challenges in BBPL
- RAB detained 5 brokers from hospital
- The old man died of heart attack during buy onions
- Qatar`s Emir Sheikh Tamim skips Gulf summit in Saudi Arabia
- Suu Kyi sat frozen in ICJ
- Prisoner militants need deradicalization: IGP
- Myanmar must stop Rohingyas genocide: Gambia
- Recruitment notices on Shah & Associates
- GDP growth reaches 8.15pc
- ICJ hearing: Rohingya vs Suu Kyi supporters UN-court showdown
- Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson dies, aged 61
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Trump calls Canada`s Trudeau `two-faced`
- Former England captain Bob Willis dies
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Romantic song featuring Siam-Pori Moni’s chemistry!
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- E-passport within 3 days!
- Biman ex-director and DGM detained
- Ali Dacoit killed in Islampur gunfight
- US House passed sanctions on China over Uighur issue
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- Storm over new black hole issue
- 58 dead as migrant boat sinks off Mauritania coast
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today