Nigar Sultana Joty accorded reception in Sherpur
Published: 09:26 PM, 13 June 2018
Nigar Sultana Joty, a wicketkeeper-batsman of Bangladesh Women’s Cricket team, the champions of Women’s T20 Asia Cup, was accorded a reception on Wednesday in her hometown in Sherpur.
Earlier, a motorcade of some 100 motorcycles received Nigar Sultana Joyti at Kanasakhela Mor of Sadar upazila with bouquets and national flag on arrival in the home district from Dhaka by a microbus at noon.
Later, she was escorted to the Central Shaheed Minar at Chalkbazar where she was given the reception.
Whip Atiqur Rahman Atiq, MP, was the chief guest at the reception presided over by Deputy Commissioner Dr Mollick Anwar Hossain.
District Police Super Kazi Ashraful Azim, acting Mayor of Sherpur municipality Atiqur Rahman Mitul and General Secretary of Sherpur DSA Nazimul Haque Nazim also spoke on the occasion where journalist Hakim Babul presented the life sketch of Nigar Sultana.
Addressing the reception, the whip announced a cash reward of Tk 1 lakh for Nigar Sultana.
Nigar, who was born in Rajballavpur of the district town, scored team highest 27 runs off just 24 balls in the Asia Cup final in their three-wicket victory over India.
Earlier, Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has announced a Tk 2-crore bonus for the ACC Women’s T20 Asia Cup champions Bangladesh women’s cricket team.
Besides, Robi Axiata Limited, the sponsor of the Bangladesh National Women’s Cricket Team, presented an iPhone with Robi 4.5G SIM to each member of the Asia Cup T20 Champions Bangladesh team.
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Trump walks out on Democrats in fury over Russia probe
- Aspirin `safe` for brain-bleed strokes
- Why N Korea called Biden an `imbecile`
- Record groundnut output makes farmers happy
- Two electrocuted in Bagerhat
- Voting on suspended 5 upazila on June 18
- Both BPL football matches end in draw
- Formation of the moon brought water to Earth
- Indo-Bangla ties to remain same whoever elected in India: Quader
- Saudi to execute 3 prominent scholars after Ramadan
- BB enhances usance period for raw materials import
- India’s EC rejects ballot tampering allegation
- US to legalize human composting
- Double duty to deject rice import
- HC for installation of fire extinguishers in all motor vehicles
- PM instructed to probe ‘fire in paddy field’
- Mashrafe leaves Dhaka to join team in England
- Shemai maker busy before Eid in Dinajpur
- Shakib reclaims top spot in ODI all-rounder rankings
- Bengal tiger number rises in Sundarbans
- Pakistani children worst affected in HIV outbreak
- Du’a of Intent to Fast and Breaking it
- `Papaya Juice` in Iftar
- UN to honor 12 Bangladeshi peacekeepers
- HC expressed anger over Greenline’s apathy
- Six dead in Indonesia post-election unrest
- Highest power generation recorded
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Quader returns home this evening
- Quader to join his office today
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- President reaches London
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Tk 76 lakh needed for testing Wasa water
- Robert Pattinson cast to play new Batman
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- Today’s sports on TV
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina prayed like mother: Quader
- Saudi Arabia to provide PR green card